Last night, Toronto royalty Azari & III played Dior Homme Fall/Winter 2013-2014 show at the Club Haussmann in Paris. Dior Homme creative director Kris Van Assche rounded up his models and special guests including Chromeo, Woodkid and Theophilus London to celebrate the special…
“Hey EP” – Toronto based duo Dzeko & Torres make their Dim Mak debut with “Hey” EP. The single “Hey” snatched listeners and steam after premiering on Steve’s Essential Mix BBC Radio 1. The trio tracks on “Hey” blend melodic synths, high energy builds and progressive sounds that…
At the end of this month our very own Joachim Garraud will be making his way to Los Angeles to kick off Invasion, his first 3-D tour. In his latest feature on Beatport, Garraud goes on to explain the concept behind his one of a kind tour that will allow audience members to become fully immersed with the show. Invasion will kick off at Exchange in Los Angeles on January 26, but the tour will continue through out the year. You can read the full feature on Beatport here as well as his latest Dim Mak release with Alesia.
Earlier this month we shared Keys N Krates series of rehearsal videos. Now we’d like to update you on their latest video addition to the rehearsal collection, Meek Mill. This video features the same high energy featured through out the series of videos, which is what you would catch at a live set from Keys N Krates.
I*Wish*I will be picking up where they left off and reuniting with Dim Mak to breathe life back in their music and hardcore punk roots. I*Wish*I rejoins with debut single “Ideoglossia”, referring to the private languages of young children, especially twins.
[tabs titles="Official Music Video, Listen/Watch on YouTube"]
South Beach native, George Acosta is known for his smooth progressive house and doesn’t disappoint with his release “WOW”, out today. WOW features 3 original tracks from the herald Sirius XM DJ of “The Lost World”. Stand out track is “We Got This”, a fun piece with a hard rickashay that gets swept back with a ethereal melody and vocals.
[tabs titles="Listen/Watch on YouTube"]
King Kong returns in 2013 and this time he comes with a gang of remixes. Today, MING +2Beeps steps outs with remix package for “King Kong” with Will Bailey, Manics, Jumpshot, Stafford Brothers, Sluggo, and Casino Gold. The package spans with fun and electro-house from Stafford Brothers and Casino and hits hard with Will Bailey and Sluggo.
[tabs titles="Listen/Watch on YouTube"]
StereoHeroes latest video, “Crystal” made its debut on Consequence of Sound earlier today. The video was directed by French native, Robin Mahieux with support from Obey clothing, which is featured through out the video. You can check out the full feature on Consequence of Sound.
Following Infected Mushroom’s 2012 release ‘Army of Mushrooms’, their latest EP, “Friends On Mushrooms, Vol. 1″ is now available for pre-order on iTunes. The release features four tracks including collaborations with Astrix and Hope 6. You can preview the EP in its entirety on…
Dim Mak Records wrap up the year by delivering the most prominent tracks of it’s 2012 catalog, ‘Dim Mak Greatest Hits of 2012: Volume 1′. The first collection features 15 tracks from a mix of vanguard artists including Azari & III, Autoerotique, Dirtyphonics, Proxy, Wax Motif & Neoteric, Tiesto, Steve Aoki, Felix Cartal, Alvin Risk, Infected Mushroom and more. The vast, colorful collection will span over 3 volumes of Dim Mak music embedded in several genres and international appeal.
“Volume 1 of 3 compilations, features the best songs from the Dim Mak 2012 catalog that have been played by DJs from all around the world and those who have been a major influence from the Dim Mak roster. If you want a full taste of our greatest hits, get to licking!” – STEVE AOKI
Phat Brahms was the result of a collaboration between Steve Aoki, Angger Dimas, Dimitri Vegas & Like Mike. The track made its debut at Tomorrowland, one of the largest music festivals in the world and was later featured in the official video. Killbot‘s album Sound Surgery took over the second spot on the iTunes dance chart after the release along with a feature as a New & Noteworthy album alongside Dirty from Dirtyphonics. This past year we also welcomed a number of artists to the Dim Mak roster including Azari & III, who made their U.S. debut with their self titled album and the dance music pioneer, DJ Pierre.
Volume 1 befits the beginning year of 2013, and rallies fans to get excited for Dim Mak’s new sounds set for release. Steve Aoki recaps on each of the 15 tracks below:
1. Proxy “Raven” – Out of all of Proxy’s hits, “Raven” was the definitive sound in electro, when it came out in 2009. Taken from his latest album ‘Music from the Eastblock Jungles’ ,which chronicles all of his hits
2. Azari & III “Reckless (With Your Love)” – Massive hit from their self-titled album, and is f****ing great single that has impressed DJs since 2009
3. Dirtyphonics “DIRTY” – Dirty is the first single off their upcoming album on Dim Mak Records; be sure to look out for it!
4. Killbot “Sound Surgery” – Sound Surgery is the introduction to Jonathan Davis’s brand new project, fusing dubstep and heavy metal
5. Wax Motif & Neoteric “Go Deep (Torro Torro Remix)” – Its one of the most played records, from Avicii to Skrillex. Literally everyone is playing that record all over the world…
6. Steve Aoki & Angger Dimas vs. Dimitri Vegas & Like Mike “Phat Brahms” – Huge single; check out the remix package and music video coming soon…
7. DJ Pierre “Strobe Lights, Laser, Disco” – Excited to release this track from the “founder of acid house”.
8. Tiesto & Steve Aoki “Tornado feat. Polina (Kill The Noise Remix)” – Kill The Noise crushed it on this Tornado remix
9. Booka Shade “Tomorrow Belongs To Us” – Booka Shade’s best song since “Mandarin Girl” and “Body Language”
10. Felix Cartal “Tonight (feat. Maja Ivarsson from The Sounds)” – Biggest track off of Cartal’s Different Faces album
11. Autoerotique “Roll The Drums (Clockwork Remix)” – You will hear about Clockwork again in a later compilation as well. Roll The Drums Biggest vocal record from Autoerotique
12. South Central “BEAThoven” – Knife Party was rinsing this records in their sets constantly, so we had to put this out! its so massive and classical.
13. Albin Myers “Hells Bells” – Straight from Sweden, this massive record has been played from the likes of David Guetta to Tiesto
14. Alvin Risk “Psychotic” – One of my favorite records from 2012! Alvin Risk is incredible dj, amazing performer and producer
15. Infected Mushroom “Never Mind” – I feel Army of Mushrooms is the best album to date of their music. This is the first track from their album on Dim Mak, and was executive produced by me. I have a close connection with this album.
London swooner Ali Love unleashes a remix package for the books, “Love Harder & Diminishing Returns Remixes”. 8 remixers, put out all the stops on transforming two of Love’s most well-known tracks. Remixers include Kissy Sell Out, DJ DLG, Nickel, AudioFun, J.Rabbit, Louise Fresco…