Dim Mak Records wrap up the year by delivering the most prominent tracks of it’s 2012 catalog, ‘Dim Mak Greatest Hits of 2012: Volume 1′. The first collection features 15 tracks from a mix of vanguard artists including Azari & III, Autoerotique, Dirtyphonics, Proxy, Wax Motif & Neoteric, Tiesto, Steve Aoki, Felix Cartal, Alvin Risk, Infected Mushroom and more. The vast, colorful collection will span over 3 volumes of Dim Mak music embedded in several genres and international appeal.
“Volume 1 of 3 compilations, features the best songs from the Dim Mak 2012 catalog that have been played by DJs from all around the world and those who have been a major influence from the Dim Mak roster. If you want a full taste of our greatest hits, get to licking!” – STEVE AOKI
Phat Brahms was the result of a collaboration between Steve Aoki, Angger Dimas, Dimitri Vegas & Like Mike. The track made its debut at Tomorrowland, one of the largest music festivals in the world and was later featured in the official video. Killbot‘s album Sound Surgery took over the second spot on the iTunes dance chart after the release along with a feature as a New & Noteworthy album alongside Dirty from Dirtyphonics. This past year we also welcomed a number of artists to the Dim Mak roster including Azari & III, who made their U.S. debut with their self titled album and the dance music pioneer, DJ Pierre.
Volume 1 befits the beginning year of 2013, and rallies fans to get excited for Dim Mak’s new sounds set for release. Steve Aoki recaps on each of the 15 tracks below:
1. Proxy “Raven” – Out of all of Proxy’s hits, “Raven” was the definitive sound in electro, when it came out in 2009. Taken from his latest album ‘Music from the Eastblock Jungles’ ,which chronicles all of his hits
2. Azari & III “Reckless (With Your Love)” – Massive hit from their self-titled album, and is f****ing great single that has impressed DJs since 2009
3. Dirtyphonics “DIRTY” – Dirty is the first single off their upcoming album on Dim Mak Records; be sure to look out for it!
4. Killbot “Sound Surgery” – Sound Surgery is the introduction to Jonathan Davis’s brand new project, fusing dubstep and heavy metal
5. Wax Motif & Neoteric “Go Deep (Torro Torro Remix)” – Its one of the most played records, from Avicii to Skrillex. Literally everyone is playing that record all over the world…
6. Steve Aoki & Angger Dimas vs. Dimitri Vegas & Like Mike “Phat Brahms” – Huge single; check out the remix package and music video coming soon…
7. DJ Pierre “Strobe Lights, Laser, Disco” – Excited to release this track from the “founder of acid house”.
8. Tiesto & Steve Aoki “Tornado feat. Polina (Kill The Noise Remix)” – Kill The Noise crushed it on this Tornado remix
9. Booka Shade “Tomorrow Belongs To Us” – Booka Shade’s best song since “Mandarin Girl” and “Body Language”
10. Felix Cartal “Tonight (feat. Maja Ivarsson from The Sounds)” – Biggest track off of Cartal’s Different Faces album
11. Autoerotique “Roll The Drums (Clockwork Remix)” – You will hear about Clockwork again in a later compilation as well. Roll The Drums Biggest vocal record from Autoerotique
12. South Central “BEAThoven” – Knife Party was rinsing this records in their sets constantly, so we had to put this out! its so massive and classical.
13. Albin Myers “Hells Bells” – Straight from Sweden, this massive record has been played from the likes of David Guetta to Tiesto
14. Alvin Risk “Psychotic” – One of my favorite records from 2012! Alvin Risk is incredible dj, amazing performer and producer
15. Infected Mushroom “Never Mind” – I feel Army of Mushrooms is the best album to date of their music. This is the first track from their album on Dim Mak, and was executive produced by me. I have a close connection with this album.
London swooner Ali Love unleashes a remix package for the books, “Love Harder & Diminishing Returns Remixes”. 8 remixers, put out all the stops on transforming two of Love’s most well-known tracks. Remixers include Kissy Sell Out, DJ DLG, Nickel, AudioFun, J.Rabbit, Louise Fresco…
We’d like to invite you all to watch our latest video premiere, Lies by BXXX. BXXX (pronounced Bronx) is an electronic rock project completely devoted to providing musical scores for films about the nightlife. BXXX works with various collaborators to provide the direction for each soundtrack. BXXX explains his vision behind his video,
“The ‘Lies’ video came about because I was looking online to see how well a GOPRO camera could shoot at night, and I found almost no footage so I decided to do my own “nighttime tests” video by exploring crazy moments in the New York party scene exclusively through the eyes of a camera which is almost exclusively used for extreme sports. The ending barfing montage is an homage to William Peter Blatty.”
This two minute video takes it up a notch, taking you into the night life of various party girls in clubs, taxis, subways, on poles, and other locations. However we do warn you that this video may contain inappropriate material for some viewers so we urge you all to watch at your own risk.
Daito Manabe uses electrical impulses as an artistic medium, creating music through reactions of the human nervous and muscular systems.
“Can you smile without emotion?”
That’s what Daito Manabe asks in the video above. It’s the sort of question many of his digital art projects begin with, leading him to experiment with myoelectric sensors to turn people’s faces into human drum machine. A similar endeavor recently saw him visualizing FaltyDL’s music using jerky, electrified movements of the human body.
Taking the role of programmer, designer, DJ, VJ, and composer on each of his projects, Manabe is able to realize scenarios that change our perception of how our bodies interact with technology. Whereas most electronic musicians control sound with their hands, Manabe uses the electrical impulses of his facial muscles. Most of us just walk in sneakers, but Manabe fitted various pairs of Nikes with sensors that trigger and manipulate sound. DJs have long dreamed of having a third arm to mix and scratch with, and Manabe has already traversed this possibility.
While a lot of digital art prides itself on seamlessness, hiding the wire and code guts of what makes each piece tick, Manabe’s work embraces the functional aesthetic of these tools, focusing his creative energy on conveying a thought-provoking performance. Sitting on stage and altering sound with various facial expressions has this effect without fail.
You can check out Manabe and Perfume choreographer MIKIKO’s projection-mapped video for Nosaj Thing’s “Eclipse/Blue” below. Below that, see some stills from Manabe’s various projects.
(via The Creators Project)
This past December we welcomed the unique trio, Keys N Krates to Dim Mak. Now we’d like to invite you into the rehearsal room of the performers via YouTube as they remix a series of tracks. The collection of rehearsals is a preview of what you’d catch during a live performance from Keys N Krates. Stay on the look out for more to come from these guys, including tour dates and their debut EP, “Treat Me Right.”
Back in September Clockwork released his 15k bootleg package after reaching 15k likes on Facebook. Four months later the mastermind has doubled that number with 30k likes on Facebook. To celebrate this crossroad, Clockwork has released his 30k Bootleg package featuring twelve tracks. The package is now available for free download on his official Facebook page.
2. Be Aerodynamic (Daft Punk vs. Loops Of Fury)
3. Big Bad Basswolf Sound (Clockwork vs. Duck Sauce)
4. Flash Down (Steve Aoki, Angger Dimas, Afrojack vs. Green Velvet, Nicky Romero)
5. I See Your Claymore (Jordy Dazz vs. Fatboy Slim)
6. Make Some Atom (Chuckie, JunxterJack vs. Nari & Milani)
7. Ode To Newlands (TJR vs. Justice, A-Trak)
8. Pandor Cinema (Tony Romera vs. Benny Benassi, Gary Go)
9. Pop That (Crookers, RVBRA vs. French Montana, Drake, Rick Ross, Lil’ Wayne)
10. The Black Out (Marcel Woods vs. Martin Solveig)
11. Voodoo Veldt (Deadmau5, Tommy Trash vs. Jacob van Hage & Saint Liz)
12. We Are The Reborn (D-Rashid, Blasterjaxx vs. Empire of The Sun)
Following the release of Booka Shades’s successful September release of Honeyslave, the Berlin duo are welcoming the the new year with new music releasing “Haleshop” the title track off their upcoming EP as a free download. The track is currently featured on Magnetic Mag and Harder Blogger Faster with more information on the upcoming EP and available for download on Booka Shade’s website.
Indonesian prodigy Angger Dimas, whose name actually means “Love”, has become a familiar face within the dance world. His recent trophy tracks include “Resurrection”, Steve Aoki Feat Iggy Azalea “Beat Down” and Steve Aoki & Angger Dimas vs. Dimitri Vegas & Like Mike “Phat…
Watch our latest video as Dim Mak takes you behind the scenes for the 2012 Beatpatrol Festival. Our stage at the Austrian festival had an amazing line up with performances from Steve Aoki, Autoerotique, Tommy Trash, Clockwork, Mustard Pimp (Live), PeaceTreaty, Dan Sena, Jidax…
Buckle up, hold on tight to the seat of your pants and get ready to travel at breakneck speed across the planet, as Belgian upstarts Dimitri Vegas & Like Mike invite you to watch their brand new tour video diary packed with backstage footage, immense crowd shots and a chance dining…
Watch our latest video as Dim Mak ventures to Belgium for Tommorrowland, one of the largest EDM festivals in the world. Our stage at the festival included a mind-blowing line with performances by Steve Aoki, Joachim Garraud, Zeds Dead, Zedd, Angger Dimas, Sound of…
[button text=”↓↓↓ FREE DOWNLOAD ↓↓↓” url=”https://www.yousendit.com/download/WUJiUWVvYXk3N0M5TE1UQw” txtColor=”#000″ bgColor=”#00ff00″ txtColorHover=”#fff” bgColorHover=”#000″ /]
[button text=”↑↑↑ FREE DOWNLOAD ↑↑↑” url=”https://www.yousendit.com/download/WUJiUWVvYXk3N0M5TE1UQw” txtColor=”#000″ bgColor=”#00ff00″ txtColorHover=”#fff” bgColorHover=”#000″ /]
This Winter, DIM MAK RECORDS is proud to announce the signing of upstart West Palm Beach rapper, WILL BRENNAN. In celebration of the signing, VIBE will feature the world premiere for Will Brennan’s Dim Mak debut mixtape “MORE PERFECT UNION”. The mixtape features a variety of production notables from Pretty Lights, Zeds dead, Kaskade, Deadmau5, Xaphoon Jones, Julian Cruz, Araabmuzik and Heroes x Villains.
The first from the mixtape, “All Of The Pretty Lights” breezes in with Rihanna’s hook and Pretty Lights’ beat butchering, and then, Brennan comes in punching with his natural knack for rhymes. “Going Through Under The Sheets” samples Wales singer Ellie Goulding’s electropop single, while Brennan flutters in with a deftly timed flow. Brennan delivers a short narrative on top of a genre-bending take of Warwicks “I Say A Little Prayer For You”, chopped by Zeds Dead. Bravados are not missing from the mixtape, “Remember To Fall In Love” and “Get By With The Golden Touch”, pull in Brennan’s strong suit for fearless flows.
Will Brennan embodies the charisma, versatility and flow-skill to bring a new kind of personality to the rap game. Brennan has supported rap titans like Kendrick Lamar, J. Cole, B.O.B., Yela- Wolf, Big Sean, Wiz Khalifa, Dom Kennedy and Wale. Dim Mak will be releasing Brennan’s “PRODIGAL SON” with additional remixes early 2013.