We know this dude named Neil Favila that for some reason we like to invite out to our events and activities. He’s been working alongside us for a couple years now and has been steadily becoming a popular name in the industry. What separates Favila from the rest of the photographers out there is his ability to capture the moments that really give one a look into our present culture and chaotic lifestyle. Did we mention that hes super dope and cool and like, knows a bunch of badass people? Hes Legit. Heres a couple shots from Steves birthday…
To see the rest of Neil’s photos from that night click here.
To see the rest of Neil’s photos from that night click here.
Hood Famous Music’s monthly podcast hosted by MING has entered into the double digits with the release of episode 10. The podcast features the best in todays EDM and exclusive mixes from guest artists. The hour long mix is now available for free download on SoundCloud.
1. Michael Jackson – Thriller Intro Edit
2. Pleasurekraft – Satyr Song (Original Mix) (1605)
3. Wax Motif & Neoteric – Go Deep (Will Bailey Remix) (Dim Mak Records)
4. Jake Shanahan – Tweaked (MING Remix) (Straight Up!)
5. John Dahlback – Jackal Mackson (Original Mix) (Dim Mak Records)
6. Ryan Marks – Fiji (Etc! Etc! Remix) (Party Like Us)
7. Vitalic – Stamina (Le Castle Vania Remix) (Different Recordings)
8. John Dahlback – The Trip (Original Mix) (Dim Mak Records)
9. Proxy – Shut Up (MING (VIP Mix) (Dim Mak Records) bit.ly/Xw2XpG
10. BeatauCue – Cytise (Original Mix) (Kitsune)
11. Mark Reeve – Carlito (Original Mix) (Starlight)
12. Chuckie – Together (Original Club Mix) (Cr2 Records)
13. Dirty Disco Youth – Drive (LAZRtag Remix) (Dim Mak Records)
14. Alter Ego – Rocker (Prok & Fitch Vs My Digital Enemy Remix) (Skint Records)
15. Topher Jones – Brohammer Nari (Milani Dub Remix) (Ultra Records)
16. MING – Wizard (Original Mix) (Unsigned)
17. The Knocks and Fred Falke – Geronimo (Lenno Remix) (Kitsune)
Every year, Miami hosts one of the biggest weeks in electronic music alongside Ultra Music Festival, the Winter Music Conference/ Miami Music Week. Join us in our latest video installment as the Dim Mak team takes over Miami in this recap video capturing our official showcase at Dream South Beach Hotel. Keep a look out because you may just recognize a few faces with cameo’s from Steve Aoki, Dirtyphonics, Alvin Risk, PeaceTreaty, Angger Dimas, R3hab, Afrojack, Lil, Jon, Clockwork, Joachim Garraud, and Felix Cartal.
As many of you’ve seen, our #FreeFridays series has been thriving, with a total of 19 different installments of major Dim Mak releases, all available FREE OF CHARGE. To bring out something a little different for Episode 20, we will be starting off our new giveaway series with a selection of songs off the forthcoming “Dim Mak Records: New Noise Vol 3″ release. Starting today, we have Valentino Khan & Will Bailey with their single “Mayday”.
Keep watch for the next special release, followed by many more giveaways off our New Noise Vol 3 compilation.
Pre-order the New Noise Vol. 3 Comp. on iTunes now!
According to the Mayans the world is scheduled to end on December 21, however we’ve decided to take things into our own hands and make big moves on December 11 with Steve Aoki’s new EP, “It’s The End Of The World As We Know It.” The EP, features three hard hitting tracks from some of favorites including Angger Dimas, Kay, Miss Palmer, Dan Sena, and Rune RK. You can now pre-order the EP on iTunes and preview the three tracks on YouTube.
Following the Tuesday release of Birdz from Illskillz, we now have a Beatport Chart available for purchase. The ten track chart features a selection of remixes from IllSkillz and original tracks from Kairo Kingdom, Major Lazer, South Central, and others. You can purchase the chart on Beatport now.
- Illskillz – Birdz
- Major Lazer – Jah No Partial feat. Flux Pavilion
- Dimitri Vegas, Like Mike, Angger Dimas, Steve Aoki – Phat Brahms
- Kairo Kingdom – What Am I
- DIrtyphonics – Dirty (12th Planet Remix)
- Zedd – Stache
- John B, NSG – Light Speed (Illskillz Remix)
- South Central – Armageddon
- Calyx, TeeBee – You’ll Never Take Me Alive feat. Beardyman
- Global Deejays – Hardcore Vibes (illskillz Remix)
We’re very honored that Particle Films‘ video of Joachim Garraud & Alesia “Nox” has been nominated for the “Solothurner Filmtage” film festival in Solothurn, Switzerland, in the catagories “Music Videos” and “Best Swiss Video Clip”! The screening of the video will be between…
With yesterdays release of Stereoheroes EP, 8 Ball, the duo have compiled a Beatport Chart to follow the release. The ten track chart features the new EP along with a great mix of original and remix tracks from various artists.
The chart is now available for purchase on Beatport.
- StereoHeroes – Crystal
- StereoHeroes – Polaris
- Infected Mushrooms – Nation of Wusses ( Stereoheroes Remix)
- Tommy Trash – Truffle Pig
- Neophyte – Braincracking (Yellow Claw Remix)
- Lifelike – Don’t Stop feat. A – Trak
- Danny Brown – Grown Up
- DR.1008 – Taekwondo
- Soundboysrock – Antler (III Saint M Remix)
- Pegboard Nerds – Pressure Cooker
Daedelus did an awesome remix of Robert Raimon Roy’s self titled single. The rework of the track puts an interesting spin on the single, but still holds the same vibe we heard from the original. Give the remix a listen and don’t forget to start marking off your calendars for the December 11 album release of Le Tigre.
With today’s release of Revolvr & Lea Luna’s EP, Machine we now have a Beatport Chart available for you guys courtesy of Revolvr. The nine track chart features a great selection of tracks including two off his EP along with tracks from Gemini, The Bloody Beatroots, Kill The Noise, and more! You can purchase the chart on Beatport now along with the Machine EP.
- Lea Luna, Revolvr – Machine
- Lea Luna, Revolvr – Dirty Secret feat. Defunt!
- K.J. Sawka – Repeating Cycles feat. Lameduzza
- Lucky Date, Zedd – Fall into The Sky feat. Ellie Goulding
- Yves V Felguk – WOW
- Joachim Garraud, Alesia, Bartosz Brenes – Atrium
- Gemini – Freedom
- Kill The Noise – Jump Ya Body feat. Mercedes
- The Bloody Beatroots – Chronicles Of A Fallen Love
Welcome to The Aoki Files. This is a new web series Steve Aoki is doing focusing on all the new Dim Mak artists and their releases. Every week he will interview different artists that have released a new record on Dim Mak Records.
Indonesian prodigy Angger Dimas, whose name actually means “Love”, has become a familiar face within the dance world. His recent trophy tracks include “Resurrection”, Steve Aoki Feat Iggy Azalea “Beat Down” and Steve Aoki & Angger Dimas vs. Dimitri Vegas & Like Mike “Phat Brahms” are all high voltage and his release last week “Booster” featuring MC Ambush, does not fall short.
Philipp Roskot known as illskillz makes it clear that things just sound better with a “z”. Today, Austrian illskillz flies the coop with “Birdz”, a smartly crafted electro-dubstep release on Dim Mak Records. The track chatters and jabs with a hyper beat and then sheds the heavy layers to an airy solace.
[tabs titles="Listen on Spotify, Preview on YouTube"]