Dim Mak Records drops another bomb and lets loose a massive collection of prominent tracks from its 2012 catalog, ‘Dim Mak Greatest Hits of 2012: Volume 3′.
“This is the last of 3 volumes of the greatest hits from 2012 from Dim Mak Records. We put out so many influential records by some of the most important artists in their worlds. Huge releases from Angger Dimas, Botnek, South Central, Proxy, Yung Skeeter, Haezer, Mustard Pimp, Dan Sena and many more… Download Volume 3 and enjoy!” – Steve Aoki
Dim Mak Records strike a rich vein of hits and lets loose another trove of prominent tracks from its 2012 catalog, ‘Dim Mak Greatest Hits of 2012: Volume 2′. The second collection features 14 tracks from artists including Datsik, Infected Mushroom, Clockwork, Dillon Francis, Zedd, Felix Cartal, TAI, PeaceTreaty, Gronic and more. The vast, colorful collection will span over 3 volumes of Dim Mak music embedded in several genres and international appeal.
The 2nd volume coalesces into a strong punch of today’s best electro artists and tracks that continue to peak, like Datsik & Infected Mushroom “Evilution” and Felix Cartal “Don’t Turn On The Lights”(Laidback Luke Remix). The all-genre embracing revival from Dim Mak will conclude with Vol 3, out March 2013
[tabs titles=”Listen on YouTube, Listen on Spotify”]
Dim Mak Records wrap up the year by delivering the most prominent tracks of it’s 2012 catalog, ‘Dim Mak Greatest Hits of 2012: Volume 1’. The first collection features 15 tracks from a mix of vanguard artists including Azari & III, Autoerotique, Dirtyphonics, Proxy, Wax Motif & Neoteric, Tiesto, Steve Aoki, Felix Cartal, Alvin Risk, Infected Mushroom and more. The vast, colorful collection will span over 3 volumes of Dim Mak music embedded in several genres and international appeal.
“Volume 1 of 3 compilations, features the best songs from the Dim Mak 2012 catalog that have been played by DJs from all around the world and those who have been a major influence from the Dim Mak roster. If you want a full taste of our greatest hits, get to licking!” – STEVE AOKI
Phat Brahms was the result of a collaboration between Steve Aoki, Angger Dimas, Dimitri Vegas & Like Mike. The track made its debut at Tomorrowland, one of the largest music festivals in the world and was later featured in the official video. Killbot‘s album Sound Surgery took over the second spot on the iTunes dance chart after the release along with a feature as a New & Noteworthy album alongside Dirty from Dirtyphonics. This past year we also welcomed a number of artists to the Dim Mak roster including Azari & III, who made their U.S. debut with their self titled album and the dance music pioneer, DJ Pierre.
Volume 1 befits the beginning year of 2013, and rallies fans to get excited for Dim Mak’s new sounds set for release. Steve Aoki recaps on each of the 15 tracks below:
1. Proxy “Raven” – Out of all of Proxy’s hits, “Raven” was the definitive sound in electro, when it came out in 2009. Taken from his latest album ‘Music from the Eastblock Jungles’ ,which chronicles all of his hits
2. Azari & III “Reckless (With Your Love)” – Massive hit from their self-titled album, and is f****ing great single that has impressed DJs since 2009
3. Dirtyphonics “DIRTY” – Dirty is the first single off their upcoming album on Dim Mak Records; be sure to look out for it!
4. Killbot “Sound Surgery” – Sound Surgery is the introduction to Jonathan Davis’s brand new project, fusing dubstep and heavy metal
5. Wax Motif & Neoteric “Go Deep (Torro Torro Remix)” – Its one of the most played records, from Avicii to Skrillex. Literally everyone is playing that record all over the world…
6. Steve Aoki & Angger Dimas vs. Dimitri Vegas & Like Mike “Phat Brahms” – Huge single; check out the remix package and music video coming soon…
7. DJ Pierre “Strobe Lights, Laser, Disco” – Excited to release this track from the “founder of acid house”.
8. Tiesto & Steve Aoki “Tornado feat. Polina (Kill The Noise Remix)” – Kill The Noise crushed it on this Tornado remix
9. Booka Shade “Tomorrow Belongs To Us” – Booka Shade’s best song since “Mandarin Girl” and “Body Language”
10. Felix Cartal “Tonight (feat. Maja Ivarsson from The Sounds)” – Biggest track off of Cartal’s Different Faces album
11. Autoerotique “Roll The Drums (Clockwork Remix)” – You will hear about Clockwork again in a later compilation as well. Roll The Drums Biggest vocal record from Autoerotique
12. South Central “BEAThoven” – Knife Party was rinsing this records in their sets constantly, so we had to put this out! its so massive and classical.
13. Albin Myers “Hells Bells” – Straight from Sweden, this massive record has been played from the likes of David Guetta to Tiesto
14. Alvin Risk “Psychotic” – One of my favorite records from 2012! Alvin Risk is incredible dj, amazing performer and producer
15. Infected Mushroom “Never Mind” – I feel Army of Mushrooms is the best album to date of their music. This is the first track from their album on Dim Mak, and was executive produced by me. I have a close connection with this album.
Watch our latest video as Dim Mak takes you behind the scenes for the 2012 Beatpatrol Festival. Our stage at the Austrian festival had an amazing line up with performances from Steve Aoki, Autoerotique, Tommy Trash, Clockwork, Mustard Pimp (Live), PeaceTreaty, Dan Sena, Jidax, Haezer, and iPunk.
[Smash] — verb (used with object)
To break pieces with violence and often a crashing sound, as by striking, letting fall or dashing against something
As in: “He smashed the vase against the wall” – “He smashed a window” – “They smashed the f*cking house”
Buckle up, hold on tight to the seat of your pants and get ready to travel at breakneck speed across the planet, as Belgian upstarts Dimitri Vegas & Like Mike invite you to watch their brand new tour video diary packed with backstage footage, immense crowd shots and a chance dining encounter with the legend that is The Sherminator.
By way of private jets, thousand horse-power speedboats and the odd rollercoaster, Dimitri and Mike take their fans coast to coast across the USA ( Mansion Miami, EDC Orlando, Surrender Vegas, … ) , before heading downwards into the sweltering, sultry heat of the Dominican Republic and Mexico City. Learn how to eat sheep’s eyeballs, whip a crowd into an absolute frenzy and take a cake in the face from Dimmak head honcho Steve Aoki, all set to a stunning soundtrack that includes some exclusive promos of upcoming music from the pair.
One of the most popular acts in the world right now, the pair, who soared an incredible 41 places in this year’s DJ Mag Top 100 to take 38th place, are infamous for their high-octane on-stage antics, arena-busting DJ sets and a relentless stream of fiery chart-topping releases that have fans constantly salivating for more.
On the subject of new music, and adding even more to this bumper package of Dimitri Vegas & Like Mike goodness, the brothers are giving fans a sneak peak of their huge remix for their protégés Wolfpack. ‘Miracle’, a reworking of the classic 1990s hit which features the vocals of original singer Coco, will be released early 2013 on their Smash The House imprint, including this cut from Dimitri and Mike (LINK). Take a listen, and keep an eye out come January for further news on the full release package!
01. Dimitri Vegas, Like Mike & Wolfpack – Ocarina ( BodyBangers Remix ) – OUT 2013 ON SMASH THE HOUSE
02. Dimitri Vegas & Like Mike & JunxterJack – Check This Out (original mix)
03. Dimitri Vegas, Like Mike, Coone & Lil Jon – Madness ( Original Mix ) – OUT SOON ON DIM MAK
04. Dimitri Vegas, Like Mike, Coone & Lil Jon – Madness ( Oh Snap Remix ) – OUT SOON ON DIM MAK
05. Dimitri Vegas, Like Mike & GTA ft Wolfpack – Turn It Up ( Original Mix ) – OUT 2013
06. Dimitri Vegas, Moguai & Like Mike – Mammoth ( Original Mix ) – OUT SOON ON SPINNIN RECORDS
– Jurassic Park Interlude
07. Dimitri Vegas & Like Mike – Wakanda – OUT SOON
08. Dimitri Vegas & Like Mike – Whisper – OUT IN 2013
09. Wolfpack – Miracle ( Dimitri Vegas & Like Mike Instrumental Remix )
Robert Raimon Roy’s self titled single is featured on NPR’s 100 Favorite Songs of 2012 alongside artists such as Ellie Goulding, Charlift, Baaur, Grimes, and others. NPR describes the track as, “a cartoonishly dramatic track as he recounts a staid love life in elastic syllables.” If you haven’t heard “Robert Raimon Roy” yet, you can listen to this single on Soundcloud along with other songs from his upcoming album, Le Tigre Blanc which is out next week. To view NPR’s complete 100 Favorite Songs of 2012 list click here.
Every year, Miami hosts one of the biggest weeks in electronic music alongside Ultra Music Festival, the Winter Music Conference/ Miami Music Week. Join us in our latest video installment as the Dim Mak team takes over Miami in this recap video capturing our official showcase at Mansion, one of the most famous clubs in the beach city. Keep a look out because you may just recognized a few faces with cameo’s from some of most talented artists in the industry including Lil Jon, Autoerotique, Felix Cartal, Datsik, Angger Dimas, Afrojack, Joachim Garraud, Nervo, David Guetta, and Steve Aoki.
Every year, Miami hosts one of the biggest weeks in electronic music alongside Ultra Music Festival, the Winter Music Conference/ Miami Music Week. Join us in our latest video installment as the Dim Mak team takes over Miami in this recap video capturing our official showcase at Mansion, pool party at Dream Hotel, Steve Aoki’s set at UMF and everything in-between.
We’re not going to attempt to explain Burning Man to you. Just imagine a bunch of people in the middle of nowhere wearing the worst Halloween costumes ever. If you want to get a taste of the insanity, some dude strapped a camera onto a hula hoop (cause it’s Burning Man and that makes total sense). Check out some of the ladies from this past year, but be forewarned, this is the worst video ever if you have a raging hangover. – Cool Material
Dim Mak made its way to Electric Zoo this past Labor Day taking over the River Stage Saturday, September 1 with sets Brass Fergie, Mustard Pimp, Autoerotique, Angger Dimas, Felix Cartal, Dirtyphonics, 12th Planet, Kill The Noise, Datsik, and Steve Aoki. Along with our take over, some of our other favorites performed through out the three-day festival including Peacetreaty, The Bloody Beetroots, Clockwork, Alvin Risk, and more! See the full set on the Dim Mak Live Facebook Page.
– Doug Van Sant
– Jordan Loyd
– Scott Kowalchyk
– Bennett Sell-Kline
Captured on Sunset Boulevard, we took some footage of Dim Mak Records taking over the 5th Annunal Sunset Strip Music Festival this past August. Steve Aoki headlined with a few guests, Lil Jon, Travis Barker, Will.I.Am and Miss Palmer, and annihilated a massive cake to celebrate 1 million Facebook Likes. Over at The Roxy, the Dim Mak stage was full with sets by Clockwork, PeaceTreaty, Yung Skeeter and Bones.
Check out this month’s feature on Hypebeast, featuring Dim Mak’s 2012 Fall collection. The feature on the digital magazine takes a look at Dim Mak’s clothing brand along with recent collaborations with Felix Cartel, The Cobrasnake and retailer Colette.