Last night, Toronto royalty Azari & III played Dior Homme Fall/Winter 2013-2014 show at the Club Haussmann in Paris. Dior Homme creative director Kris Van Assche rounded up his models and special guests including Chromeo, Woodkid and Theophilus London to celebrate the special unveiling. Check out event photos, HERE
Keep your peepers on lock for Azari & III’s upcoming single “Indigo“, out next week Jan 29th on Dim Mak Records.
Dim Mak Records wrap up the year by delivering the most prominent tracks of it’s 2012 catalog, ‘Dim Mak Greatest Hits of 2012: Volume 1’. The first collection features 15 tracks from a mix of vanguard artists including Azari & III, Autoerotique, Dirtyphonics, Proxy, Wax Motif & Neoteric, Tiesto, Steve Aoki, Felix Cartal, Alvin Risk, Infected Mushroom and more. The vast, colorful collection will span over 3 volumes of Dim Mak music embedded in several genres and international appeal.
“Volume 1 of 3 compilations, features the best songs from the Dim Mak 2012 catalog that have been played by DJs from all around the world and those who have been a major influence from the Dim Mak roster. If you want a full taste of our greatest hits, get to licking!” – STEVE AOKI
Phat Brahms was the result of a collaboration between Steve Aoki, Angger Dimas, Dimitri Vegas & Like Mike. The track made its debut at Tomorrowland, one of the largest music festivals in the world and was later featured in the official video. Killbot‘s album Sound Surgery took over the second spot on the iTunes dance chart after the release along with a feature as a New & Noteworthy album alongside Dirty from Dirtyphonics. This past year we also welcomed a number of artists to the Dim Mak roster including Azari & III, who made their U.S. debut with their self titled album and the dance music pioneer, DJ Pierre.
Volume 1 befits the beginning year of 2013, and rallies fans to get excited for Dim Mak’s new sounds set for release. Steve Aoki recaps on each of the 15 tracks below:
1. Proxy “Raven” – Out of all of Proxy’s hits, “Raven” was the definitive sound in electro, when it came out in 2009. Taken from his latest album ‘Music from the Eastblock Jungles’ ,which chronicles all of his hits
2. Azari & III “Reckless (With Your Love)” – Massive hit from their self-titled album, and is f****ing great single that has impressed DJs since 2009
3. Dirtyphonics “DIRTY” – Dirty is the first single off their upcoming album on Dim Mak Records; be sure to look out for it!
4. Killbot “Sound Surgery” – Sound Surgery is the introduction to Jonathan Davis’s brand new project, fusing dubstep and heavy metal
5. Wax Motif & Neoteric “Go Deep (Torro Torro Remix)” – Its one of the most played records, from Avicii to Skrillex. Literally everyone is playing that record all over the world…
6. Steve Aoki & Angger Dimas vs. Dimitri Vegas & Like Mike “Phat Brahms” – Huge single; check out the remix package and music video coming soon…
7. DJ Pierre “Strobe Lights, Laser, Disco” – Excited to release this track from the “founder of acid house”.
8. Tiesto & Steve Aoki “Tornado feat. Polina (Kill The Noise Remix)” – Kill The Noise crushed it on this Tornado remix
9. Booka Shade “Tomorrow Belongs To Us” – Booka Shade’s best song since “Mandarin Girl” and “Body Language”
10. Felix Cartal “Tonight (feat. Maja Ivarsson from The Sounds)” – Biggest track off of Cartal’s Different Faces album
11. Autoerotique “Roll The Drums (Clockwork Remix)” – You will hear about Clockwork again in a later compilation as well. Roll The Drums Biggest vocal record from Autoerotique
12. South Central “BEAThoven” – Knife Party was rinsing this records in their sets constantly, so we had to put this out! its so massive and classical.
13. Albin Myers “Hells Bells” – Straight from Sweden, this massive record has been played from the likes of David Guetta to Tiesto
14. Alvin Risk “Psychotic” – One of my favorite records from 2012! Alvin Risk is incredible dj, amazing performer and producer
15. Infected Mushroom “Never Mind” – I feel Army of Mushrooms is the best album to date of their music. This is the first track from their album on Dim Mak, and was executive produced by me. I have a close connection with this album.
iTunes Spotlight selects yours truly, Dim Mak as its top choice for piquing your music interest. iTunes Spotlight has corralled our most recent releases featuring Steve Aoki “Its the End of the World As We Know It” EP, Proxy “Music From the Eastblock Jungles, Pt. 1”, Azari & III “Azari & III”, Dirtyphonics “DIRTY”, Killbot “Sound Surgery” EP and more. Check out our crowned section in iTunes Dance category: here.
It was only a matter of time before Azari & III hit the Los Angeles airwaves after their take over of the city earlier this month. This past week Azari & III’s single, “Reckless (With Your Love)” was featured on KCRW as “Today’s Top Tunes.” If you heard the track on the radio and found yourself itching for more from the Toronto collective , make sure to take a look at their self titled album, Azari & III out on iTunes now.
Located right on Hollywood Blvd. Dim Mak Tuesday remains an iconic event in Los Angeles, dating back to the Cinespace days. For the past nine years, Dim Mak Tuesday’s has been providing music from the newest and best talent in Los Angeles including Steve Aoki, Lady GaGa, DJ AM, Justice, Kanye West, LA Riots, Autoerotique and others. With weekly drink specials and good music always at hand, Dim Mak Tuesday’s is the perfect place to slip on your dancing shoes for the night.
Welcome to The Aoki Files. This is a new web series Steve Aoki is doing focusing on all the new Dim Mak artists and their releases. Every week he will interview different artists that have released a new record on Dim Mak Records. This week is Azari & III. Dim Mak Records just released in the USA the long awaited “self titled” album that has been available elsewhere. Listen to the interview and find out more about Azari & III on this episode of Aoki Files.
To celebrate the release of the album and the launch of the tour, AZARI & III have unleashed an exclusive mix for tastemaker outlet XLR8R as part of their celebrated podcast series. Stream and download the AZARI & III XLR8R episode here: http://www.xlr8r.com/podcast/2012/10/azari-iii.
XLR8R has been following the exploits of Azari & III for quite some time. Back in the summer of 2010, we did an in-depth feature on the elusive outfit, and in the months and years that followed, we’ve seen the Toronto-based group turn out a solid array of singles, videos, and even a self-titled debut full-length, all without thrusting themselves completely into the spotlight. Even now, as the album is being reissued today—surprisingly enough, via the Dim Mak imprint—and the group is set to embark on a large-scale North American tour put together by Barcelona’s Sónar festival, the popularity of Azari & III can largely be traced back to one thing: the music…More & Tracklist
Today, Toronto electronic group AZARI & III unleash the North American release of their self-titled debut album on Dim Mak Records featuring all the original tracks: the velvety refrains of “Reckless (With Your Love),” the creeping melancholy of “Manhooker” and the unhinged technopera of “Undecided,” along with previous hit releases “Hungry for the Power” and “Manic.”
To celebrate the release of the album and the launch of the tour, AZARI & III have unleashed an exclusive mix for tastemaker outlet XLR8R as part of their celebrated podcast series.
Stream and download the AZARI & III XLR8R episode here: http://www.xlr8r.com/podcast/2012/10/azari-iii.
[tabs titles=”Listen on Spotify, Listen on YouTube, Reckless With Your Love (Official Video)”]
Azari & III made a huge splash overseas in 2011 with their self titled dance album. After recently signing to Dim Mak we’re bringing this 11 track record to the U.S. on October 30. This dance record features some of their best-selling singles including Reckless With Your Love, Hungry For The Power, Indigo, and others. The album has an early 90’s vibe that will have you all dancing the night away before you know it. The album is now available for preview and pre-order on iTunes before its release at the end of this month.
We recently welcomed Azari & iii to the Dim Mak family this past month, now they’re making their way overseas for their first North American Tour. We’d like to give all of you a chance to win a pair of tickets to one of their upcoming stops on the Sonar Tour featuring Azari & iii alongside Die Anywoord, Seth Troxier, Paul Kalkbrenner, Tiga, Gesaffeistein, and Nic Faniciullito. We’re giving away a pair of tickets for each of the tour stops. It’s as easy filling out the form below and including which show you would like to attend… So don’t wait around you could be the next winner! Good Luck!
Sonar North American Tour’ is a travelling event around some of the most iconic music venues in the US and Canada. On this tour, Sónar adapts the spirit and personality of the festivals it organizes in various countries, combining live shows with dj sessions and audiovisual creation.
The tour will touch down in Chicago, Toronto, New York, Montreal, Boston, Denver, Oakland and Los Angeles and will feature performances by Die Antwoord (live), Azari & III (live), Seth Troxler, Paul Kalkbrenner (live), Tiga, Gesaffelstein and Nic Fanciulli.
As mentioned in todays big announcement, this years Sonar Tour will monument Azari & III’s first US tour, performing live across all major cities within the US and Canada.
10/31/2012 Chicago @ Congress Theater
11/02/2012 New York @ Roseland Ballroom
11/01/2012 Toronto @ Sound Academy
11/03/2012 Montreal @ Metropolis
11/04/2012 Boston @ House of Blues
11/07/2012 Denver @ Sonar Music Festival – Fillmore Auditorium
11/09/2012 Oakland @ Fox Theater
11/10/2012 Los Angeles @ Shrine Expo Hall