Hosted By Mark The Cobrasnake
This weekend, Dim Mak X Cobrasnake & Friends are bringing back one of our 08’ traditions: The Cobrasnake + Dim Mak Yard Sale. In 2010, PAPERMAG’S Camille Rousseau described the Cobrasnake Yard Sales as, “notoriously epic feasts of decadence, good music and genuinely fantastic thrift store pieces,” calling for Cobrasnake Yard Sales “4ever.” This Saturday, The Cobrasnake is bringing his party to Dim Mak’s very own office—just like the good ol’ days. The sale will include vintage pieces from the Cobra Shop, discounted Dim Mak apparel, and sales from other brands TBA this week.
– First 50 People Get Chipotle Burritos!
– Ice Cream from the Heartsrevolution Truck!
– Red Bulls Gives You Wings!
– $5+ Apparel – Vintage – Giveaways –
– Stickers – Limited Edition
– Spinning Punk Rock – Indie Rock – Throwback Hip Hop – & More
Saturday, July 26th
11am – 5pm
4953 Hollywood Blvd, Los Angeles, CA. 90028
Everything Must Go! Cash Is Encouraged!
Dim Mak | Cobrasnake | Red Bull | Chipotle | Heartsrevolution
For those who missed the madness, or want to relive the experience, check out some of The Cobrasnake’s photos from Steve Aoki’s show at the Grove of Anaheim, featuring 12th Planet and Autoerotique.
For the full spread, visit The Cobrasnake’s official site.
Est. 1996, Los Angeles, CA – Dim Mak surfaced as an independent record label, blossomed from a studio of record pressings to an international distributor of music and media, events production company, and fashion line; all encompassing Steve Aoki’s idea of a ‘lifestyle of sound.’ Since its inception, Dim Mak has served as an advantageous forefront to an array of genres, breaking global icons such as Bloc Party, MSTRKRFT, The Bloody Beetroots and many more. After 15 years, Dim Mak has pulled its roots and shown them to the world, with four weekly events in California, including branded stages at festivals around the world, turning its foundation into a movement of millions.
To celebrate this milestone, we are calling out to the streets of Los Angeles to reintroduce Dim Mak in it’s biggest form yet. This event will take place at Dim Mak studios, live with over 7 acts including- Steve Aoki, Felix Cartal, Autoerotique, Villains, Alvin Risk, and many more!
Cucumbers… I didn’t know this…
WHAT A LITTLE GEM THE CUCUMBER IS.
I WILL LOOK AT IT DIFFERENTLY NOW.
1. Cucumbers contain most of the vitamins you need every day – Vitamin B1, Vitamin B2, Vitamin B3, Vitamin B5, Vitamin B6, Folic Acid, Vitamin C, Calcium, Iron, Magnesium, Phosphorus, Potassium and Zinc.
2. Feeling tired in the afternoon? Put down the caffeinated soda and pick up a cucumber. Cucumbers are a good source of B vitamins and carbohydrates that can provide that quick pick-me-up that can last for hours.
3. Tired of your bathroom mirror fogging up after a shower? Try rubbing a cucumber slice along the mirror. It will eliminate the fog and provide a soothing, spa-like fragrance.
4. Are grubs and slugs ruining your planting beds? Place a few slices in a small aluminum pie tin and your garden will be free of pests all season long. The chemicals in the cucumber react with the aluminum to give off a scent undetectable to humans but drive garden pests crazy and make them flee the area.
5. Looking for a fast and easy way to remove cellulite before going out or to the pool? Try rubbing a slice or two of cucumber along your problem area for a few minutes. The phytochemicals in the cucumber cause the collagen in your skin to tighten, firming up the outer layer and reducing the visibility of cellulite. Works great on wrinkles too!!!
6. Want to avoid a hangover or terrible headache? Eat a few cucumber slices before going to bed and wake up refreshed and headache-free. Cucumbers contain enough sugar, B vitamins and electrolytes to replenish essential nutrients the body lost, keeping everything in equilibrium, avoiding both a hangover and headache!!
7. Looking to fight off that afternoon or evening snacking binge? Cucumbers have been used for centuries and often used by European trappers, traders and explores for quick meals to stave off starvation.
8. Have an important meeting or job interview and you realize that you don’t have enough time to polish your shoes? Rub a freshly cut cucumber over the shoe; its chemicals will provide a quick and durable shine that not only looks great but also repels water.
9. Out of WD-40 and need to fix a squeaky hinge? Take a cucumber slice and rub it along the problematic hinge, and voila, the squeak is gone!
10. Stressed out and don’t have time for a massage, facial or visit to the spa? Cut up an entire cucumber and place it in a boiling pot of water. The chemicals and nutrients from the cucumber react with the boiling water and are released in the steam, creating a soothing, relaxing aroma that has been shown the reduce stress in new mothers and college students during final exams.
11. Just finished a business lunch and realize you don’t have gum or mints? Take a slice of cucumber and press it to the roof of your mouth with your tongue for 30 seconds to eliminate bad breath. The phytochemicals will kill the bacteria in your mouth responsible for causing bad breath.
12. Looking for a ‘green’ way to clean your faucets, sinks or stainless steel? Take a slice of cucumber and rub it on the surface you want to clean. Not only will it remove years of tarnish and bring back the shine, but it won’t leave streaks and won’t harm your fingers or fingernails while you clean.
13. Using a Pen and made a mistake? Take the outside of the cucumber and slowly use it to erase the pen writing. It also works great on crayons and markers that the kids have used to decorate the walls!!
Sourced by our good friend Mark the Cobrasnake
Get Pacific Fest Tickets at the Pop Up Shop in the Dim Mak Office for a discounted rate!
$5 discount on all ticket types (GA, VIP & PACIFIC CLUB tickets) and no ticketing/processing fees for people that buy the tickets at Dim Mak Records.
Car pool promotion: Buy 4 tickets (any ticket type: GA, VIP & PACIFIC CLUB tickets) and get 1 free for your designated driver.
ADDITIONAL EVENT INFO:
Steve Aoki’s Asia dates from July to Dec 2010.
– Summer Sonic Festival in Tokyo August 2010
– Luxy Club in Taiwan Nov 2010
– Playground Festival in Jakarta December 2010 (DIM MAK STAGE)
Cameos by Busy P from Ed Banger Records, Mark Hunter aka Cobrasnake, Angger Dimas, Motor, Mylo, So Me, DJ Mehdi, Fafi, Brodinski, Yone, Kiri from Revolver, Atari Teenage Riot, Yiling from Neu Store.
If you havent seen the first video click HERE.