AFEX and Dim Mak Live is throwing DJ AM’s “Forever Night”, honoring the life and music of the world-reknowned DJ, Adam Goldstein. This party will feature guest DJ’s and producers Fashen, Pase Rock, Thee Mike B, Them Jeans, Edski, and many more, for one night on March 29th!
KROQ will be giving away tickets to the event online and and on the air. For everyone in the greater Los Angeles area, tune into 106.7 for the official details on how you can win!
For more information on the event, visit the official DJ AM Forever event on Dim Mak Live’s Facebook page here.
“Skrillex’s six night hometown tour began yesterday, when the local boy-done-good held court before a sold out crowd at Cinespace. It might have seemed like an unusual venue choice; he normally plays for thousands at festivals, while Cinespace is an intimate spot where you often catch DJs hanging out at the bar.
But the Hollywood venue — home to Dim Mak’s famed Tuesday night parties — strongly influenced a young Sonny Moore back in the mid-’00s. As he noted last night, without the party and its founder Steve Aoki, there wouldn’t be a Skrillex.”
… Find out more from LA Weekly’s review at;
Be apart of our history. For more Dim Mak Studios events, visit http://dimmakrecs.com/events/
Another one for the record books- Skrillex (and friends) took over the entire floor plan of Dim Mak Studios, as the kicker to his 6-stop “Mothership” LA-tour. As Skrillex shouted to the swarm of fans, this is his way of giving back to all the clubs he partied at over the years.
LA Weekly was present at Dim Mak Studios, surprising us all with an in depth review of the event:
Better than… Seeing Skrillex at a festival” ~ Liz Ohanesian, LAWeekly
Head over to LAWeekly here to read the full article.
It’s been an exciting year for Dim Mak and we’re already looking forward to 2012. We celebrated our 15th year anniversary with several vault compilations and an unforgettable party at Dim Mak Studios, embarked on two nationwide tours, unleashed a handful of wild and highly talked-about music videos, and put out more albums & singles that we’re proud of than can be counted on 10 digits alone. How will we top 2011 next year? Well, you’ll just have to wait and see.
Below are some Top 10 lists of songs we obsessed over this year, be it at Dim Mak HQ or on the dance floor at Dim Mak Studios and Cannonball Sundays at Drai’s. What were your top songs from this year?
(General Manager, Dim Mak)
1. Mr. Dream – “Holy Name”
2. Afrojack & Steve Aoki – “No Beef ft Miss Palmer”
3. Calvin Harris – “Awooga”
4. Beatnik Jr – “I Am What You Are”
5. Foster The People – “Pumped Up Kicks”
6. Chris Brown ft Lil Wayne & Busta Rhymes – “Look at me Now”
7. Myback – “Blomman”
8. Autoerotique – “Turn Up the Volume”
9. The M Machine – “Promise Me a Rose Garden”
10. John Dahlback – “One Last Ride” (Felix Cartal Remix)
(Director of Marketing & Promotions, Dim Mak)
1. The Weeknd – “The Party & The After Party”
2. Foster The People – “Miss You”
3. Kavinsky feat. Lovefoxxx – “Nightcall”
4. Gotye feat. Kimba – “Somebody The I Used To Know”
5. Carte Blanche feat. Alexis Taylor – “With You”
6. Afrojack & Steve Aoki – “No Beef”
7. Drake – “Marvin’s Room”
8. Cassius – “The Sound of Violence (Aeroplane Remix)”
9. Florence The Machine – “Shake It Out”
10. Avicii – “Levels”
(Executive Assistant, Steve Aoki)
1. Mustard Pimp – “The Pharaohs”
2. Etienne De Crecy – “Binary”
3. M83 – “Midnight City”
4. Kavinsky feat. Lovefoxxx – “Nightcall”
5. Adventure – “Rio”
6. Future Islands – “Balance”
7. Cults – “Abducted”
8. Felix Cartal – “Don’t Turn On The Lights”
9. Diplo & Oliver Twizt – “Go (PeaceTreaty Remix)”
10. Gesaffelstein – “Hatred”
(Booking & Event Promotion, Dim Mak Live)
1. SBTRKT – “Wildfire”
2. M83 – “Midnight City”
3. Kendrick Lamar – “Rigamortis”
4. Dillon Francis – “IDGAFOS”
5. Felix Cartal – “Don’t Turn On The Lights”
6. The Weeknd – “The Morning”
7. Mustard Pimp – “ZHM”
8. Lana Del Rey – “Diet Mtn Dew:
9. Kids These Days – “Darling”
10. Poolside – “Do You Believe?”
(Retail Marketing & Merch Production Manager, Dim Mak)
1. Azari & III – Manic
2. Metronomy – “The Look (Moonlight Matters Remix)”
3. The Human League – “Night People (Villa Remix)”
4. Gesaffelstein – “Glass”
5. Black Rose – “Anthem”
6. TWR72 – “Summer of ’91 (Acid Version)”
7. Riton – “A.C.P.”
8. Blawan – “Getting Me Down”
9. Carte Blanche feat. Alexis Taylor – “With You”
10. Sinden & SBTRKT – “Seekwal”
L.A. Weekly has presented us with a great year-end update: We have been elected as one-of-the top club parties in Los Angeles for 2011!!! Ranked in at number 5, here is what their staff had to say about our weekly event:
“Haters will hate, especially when it comes to successful DJs and their long-running “hipster” haps. Say what you will about Steve Aoki, he’s done something very, very right with his Dim Mak empire. We’ve been writing about the guy since well before he started his popular Tuesday night at Cinespace, and at the height of its popularity, too. Believe that his enthusiasm for music and people is 100% real, not douchey. Dim Mak Studios took over the back room at Cinespace last year, and continues to bring out the biggest names in rock and electronic music.”
For you L.A. Natives, be sure to check out our weekly event, Dim Mak Studios, hosted every Tuesday off Hollywood Blvd. After 7 strong years, carrying a notable history of major headlining and supporting acts like Daft Punk, Lady Gaga, Kanye West, Lil Jon, and Justice, we are only setting our paces to hosting your most memorable night.
AraabMUZIK, of Hip Hop’s infamous Dipset crew, came to Dim Mak Studios last Tuesday and brought his MPC with him. The “King of the MPC,” as some have come to champion him as, did not disappoint. He tweaked his set for a non-Hip Hop crowd and all in attendance swayed between dancing and observing in awe as he broke down tracks from dubstep kingpins Rusko and Flux Pavillion. Check out the video below to see what I mean…
How many others think we should offer this fine brew at Dim Mak Studios?
Just imagine getting bottle service and them bringing out a bottle of Ole Smoky Moonshine…Pretty awesome if you ask me.
50% ALC./VOL (100 PROOF) · 750 ML · MOUNTAIN MADE · 100 YEAR OLD RECIPE
Bottled by Ole Smoky Distillery, LLC · Gatlinburg, Tennessee
“Our families were among the early settlers of the Smoky Mountains – they came to the Smokies through Virginia and North Carolina. They honed the art of whiskey making in order to survive during tough economic times. Most families from this area share a history of a family member making, running or selling whiskey. Today, the true moonshiners and bootleggers still consider it taboo to tell stories or brag about moonshine glory. Because of the consequences, talking about your craft or trade was something you just didn’t do.”