In honor of their North American “Irreverance Tour”, which kicks off March 27th in Vancouver, Dirtyphonics has implemented a whole new level of stage production that is sure to wholly captivate their audience. The French group–consisting of Charly, Thomas, Pho and Pitchin–has penned a new playbook in the electronic dance music genre, merging heavy bass music, drum n’ bass, dubstep and electro with grimy energy to boot. Their latest EP “Walk Into The Fire” is a testament to their very palpable versatility and has already given fans a taste of what their live experience will convey. Their new, state-of-the art stage setup, which they call “The Crown”, is nothing short of a full-blown visual arousal that will blow your socks off. If you haven’t had the chance to see them perform, be sure to enter into their ticket giveaway contest via Facebook for your chance to witness the experience of a lifetime.
Pre-order “Irreverence” now: bit.ly/IRREVERENCE
Following the release of Dirtyphonics EP, ‘Walk in the Fire’ the guys have put together an exclusive iTunes playlist for March. The ten track collection includes their two recent Dim Mak releases, “Walk in the Fire” and “Dirty” along with an assortment of tracks from artists including Noisia, Dieselboy, The Haunted, and more. You can grab your copy on iTunes now.
- Dirtyphonics – Walk in the Fire
- Dirtyphonics – Dirty
- Kill the Noise, Brillz & Minxx – Saturn
- Metrik – Drift
- KillaGraham – Lifted
- Benny Benassi & The Biz – Satisfaction
- Noisia – Tommy’s Theme
- DIeselboy – NVD (Le Castle Vania + Computer Club Remix)
- The Haunted – 99
- Loadstar – Vatican Roulette
Every year, Miami hosts one of the biggest weeks in electronic music alongside Ultra Music Festival, the Winter Music Conference/ Miami Music Week. In our latest video installment we’d like to invite you to tag along with Ashley and Kimbo in their adventure to last years Dim Mak x Obey The Kitty Pool Party at WMC. Watch as these two West Coast girls party on with cameos from Steve Aoki, PeaceTreaty, Dirtyphonics, R3hab, Lil Jon, Tommy Gunz, and more.
Its not too uncommon to see women shaving their heads now a days. Natalie Portman rocked it, So did Amber Rose, and even with her baby bump she still looks bomb. It can be considered a bold statement and often prominently displays confidence. I mean yeah, you might end up going crazy and try to stab people with an umbrella but unless you’re like that you should be fine. Anyways, our girlfriend Lacy is one of these women, and if you’ve spotted her at any of our events, you can already tell she brings the party and turns hairy heads. She was such a sweetheart and asked that I would photograph her going all out no clipper guard for what turned out to be a great evening of shooting some awesome photos. After all the the hair was gone (off her head and all over the floor and sink), and still excited to keep cutting, she turned the scissors on one of our new Dirtyphonics tees and with a little DIY, went custom for the night. We strongly encourage this behavior so show us your best DIY custom Dim Mak merch!
Photos by: Alexander Federic alexanderfederic.com
The forthcoming debut album from Dirtyphonics, Irreverence, is out March 19th on Dim Mak Records. Following this release, Dirtyphonics will embark on their North American “Irreverence Tour” with its first stop on March 27th in Vancouver. The tour will span over 30 dates and will propel them through many major markets as well as anticipated performances such as this year’s Coachella Festival in Indio, California. In order to reward their devoted and most engaging fans, Dirtyphonics has opened up a contest that will provide 30 lucky winners with a chance to catch them live. Simply click the link that follows and enter the contest via Facebook to secure your chance to witness what will be nothing short of a full-blown sensory experience.
If you didn’t get enough of Tuesday’s release ‘Walk In The Fire’ EP from Dirtyphonics then you’re in luck because they’ve put together an exclusive Beatport Mix in honor of the release. The hour long mix features a wide range of original and remix tracks including songs off their 2012 EP, ‘DIRTY’ and yesterday’s release, ‘Walk in the Fire.’ You can view the full track list below as well as purchase the exclusive mix on Beatport.
- Dirtyphonics – Walk In The Fire (Culprate)
- Far Too Loud – 600 Years
- Schoolboy – Zombies At My Neighbours
- Skism – Red Heat
- Tambour Battant, Niveau, Zero – Big What
- Dirtyphonics – DIRTY
- Dirtyphonics – DIRTY (Darth & Vader Remix)
- KillaGraham – Lifted
- Dirtyphonics – I Need Your Love
- Dirtyphonics – Walk in the Fire (Schoolboy Remix)
- ShockOne – Polygon feat. Reija (Dirtyphonics Remix)
- Candyland – Get Wild
- Schoolboy – Afterschock
- Svidden – Robot
- Excision, Datsik – Deviance (Dirtyphonics Remix)
- Nero – Me & You ( Dirtyphonics Remix)
- Dirtyphonics – DIRTY ( Metrik Remix)
- Skrillex – Scary Monsters and Nice Sprites (Dirtyphonics Remix)
- Marilyn Manson – Slo-Mo-Tion (Dirtyphonics Remix)
- Foreign Beggars – Apex (Dirtyphonics Remix)
- 12th Planet, Flinch – The End Is Near Pt. 1 (Dirtyphinics Remix)
- Dirtyphonics – Teleportation
- Dirtyphonics – Lottery
- Crystal Method feat. The Heavy – Play For Real (Dirtyphinics Remix)
- Dirtyphonics – Walk in the Fire
“Walk In The Fire” is metal/drum & bass track which combines the best of two worlds. “Walk in the Fire” kicks off with a guttural guitar grind before coalescing into an electro dubstep break fueled by screams and wild production. Setting the dance floor ablaze like never before, it injects a healthy helping of heavy metal intensity into a drum n’ bass dubstep monster that claws right out of the box. This pure and raw track consists full of energy which will give you a boost for the entire day and night. It will both satisfy the metal- and dub-heads out there, so if you have a friend that’s not fully convinced of the power of electronic music, this track might give them the little boost they need. Schoolboy comes with a Knife Party-like electro remix and Culprate makes an intense dubstep version out of it.
The EP release is the latest release before their long-awaited Full Length “Irreverrence” comes out on Dim Mak Records on March 19th.
Following the release of “Irreverence”, Dirtyphonics will embark on their North American “Irreverence Tour.” Launching March 27 in Vancouver, the 30+ date tour will take them through many major markets as well as anticipated performances at this year’s Coachella where they will perform both weekends Sunday, April 14 and Sunday, April 21. Their live show is a full-on sensory experience more akin to seeing your favorite band than a typical EDM act. They bring a level of energy that’s rare in modern music. A limited amount of tickets for all upcoming US dates are immediately available for purchase direct from Dirtyphonics at: http://dirtyphonics.frontgatetickets.com
On IRREVERENCE, the forthcoming debut full-length album from DIRTYPHONICS due out March 19 on Dim Mak Records, the French electronic dance music quartet pens a new playbook for the genre. Merging heavy bass music, drum n’ bass, dubstep and electro with grimy club energy…
Dirtyphonics February 12th release is now available for pre-order on iTunes. The three track collection features the original track along with remixes from Schoolboy and Culprate. You can now preview and pre-order the EP on iTunes now.
1. Walk in the Fire
2. Walk in the Fire (Schoolboy Remix)
3. Walk in the Fire (Culprate Remix)
This past Friday the Coachella line up was finally released unveiling over 160 artists including our very own Infected Mushroom, Dirtyphonics, and Booka Shade. We couldn’t be more proud to see these three artists included in the line up this year especially after the success of their latest releases on Dim Mak including Friends on Mushrooms Vol. 1 from Infected Mushroom, Dirty from Dirtyphonics, and Honeyslave from Booka Shade. Can’t wait to see everyone at Coachella!
Dim Mak Records wrap up the year by delivering the most prominent tracks of it’s 2012 catalog, ‘Dim Mak Greatest Hits of 2012: Volume 1′. The first collection features 15 tracks from a mix of vanguard artists including Azari & III, Autoerotique, Dirtyphonics, Proxy, Wax Motif & Neoteric, Tiesto, Steve Aoki, Felix Cartal, Alvin Risk, Infected Mushroom and more. The vast, colorful collection will span over 3 volumes of Dim Mak music embedded in several genres and international appeal.
“Volume 1 of 3 compilations, features the best songs from the Dim Mak 2012 catalog that have been played by DJs from all around the world and those who have been a major influence from the Dim Mak roster. If you want a full taste of our greatest hits, get to licking!” – STEVE AOKI
Phat Brahms was the result of a collaboration between Steve Aoki, Angger Dimas, Dimitri Vegas & Like Mike. The track made its debut at Tomorrowland, one of the largest music festivals in the world and was later featured in the official video. Killbot‘s album Sound Surgery took over the second spot on the iTunes dance chart after the release along with a feature as a New & Noteworthy album alongside Dirty from Dirtyphonics. This past year we also welcomed a number of artists to the Dim Mak roster including Azari & III, who made their U.S. debut with their self titled album and the dance music pioneer, DJ Pierre.
Volume 1 befits the beginning year of 2013, and rallies fans to get excited for Dim Mak’s new sounds set for release. Steve Aoki recaps on each of the 15 tracks below:
1. Proxy “Raven” – Out of all of Proxy’s hits, “Raven” was the definitive sound in electro, when it came out in 2009. Taken from his latest album ‘Music from the Eastblock Jungles’ ,which chronicles all of his hits
2. Azari & III “Reckless (With Your Love)” – Massive hit from their self-titled album, and is f****ing great single that has impressed DJs since 2009
3. Dirtyphonics “DIRTY” – Dirty is the first single off their upcoming album on Dim Mak Records; be sure to look out for it!
4. Killbot “Sound Surgery” – Sound Surgery is the introduction to Jonathan Davis’s brand new project, fusing dubstep and heavy metal
5. Wax Motif & Neoteric “Go Deep (Torro Torro Remix)” – Its one of the most played records, from Avicii to Skrillex. Literally everyone is playing that record all over the world…
6. Steve Aoki & Angger Dimas vs. Dimitri Vegas & Like Mike “Phat Brahms” – Huge single; check out the remix package and music video coming soon…
7. DJ Pierre “Strobe Lights, Laser, Disco” – Excited to release this track from the “founder of acid house”.
8. Tiesto & Steve Aoki “Tornado feat. Polina (Kill The Noise Remix)” – Kill The Noise crushed it on this Tornado remix
9. Booka Shade “Tomorrow Belongs To Us” – Booka Shade’s best song since “Mandarin Girl” and “Body Language”
10. Felix Cartal “Tonight (feat. Maja Ivarsson from The Sounds)” – Biggest track off of Cartal’s Different Faces album
11. Autoerotique “Roll The Drums (Clockwork Remix)” – You will hear about Clockwork again in a later compilation as well. Roll The Drums Biggest vocal record from Autoerotique
12. South Central “BEAThoven” – Knife Party was rinsing this records in their sets constantly, so we had to put this out! its so massive and classical.
13. Albin Myers “Hells Bells” – Straight from Sweden, this massive record has been played from the likes of David Guetta to Tiesto
14. Alvin Risk “Psychotic” – One of my favorite records from 2012! Alvin Risk is incredible dj, amazing performer and producer
15. Infected Mushroom “Never Mind” – I feel Army of Mushrooms is the best album to date of their music. This is the first track from their album on Dim Mak, and was executive produced by me. I have a close connection with this album.
iTunes Spotlight selects yours truly, Dim Mak as its top choice for piquing your music interest. iTunes Spotlight has corralled our most recent releases featuring Steve Aoki “Its the End of the World As We Know It” EP, Proxy “Music From the Eastblock Jungles, Pt. 1″, Azari & III “Azari & III”, Dirtyphonics “DIRTY”, Killbot “Sound Surgery” EP and more. Check out our crowned section in iTunes Dance category: here.