In CNN’s latest report of ‘Anonymous’, the radical protest group supporting the “Occupy” movement, they’ve featured several new incidents following recent public reactions to the political outcry. This editorial referring to the ‘alleged police brutality’ shows a variety of clips from the Anonymous YouTube network, one featuring Atari Teenage Riots “Black Flags”- a track that has been the soundtrack to their protest since it’s inception. This broadcast has reached the attention of the CNN network, with a national showcase throughout the previous weekend.
Occupy Comics is the latest charitable suppression of the Occupy Wall Street movement; supporting the art culture that helped share the ideas of thousands. As featured on kickstarter.com, “Black Flags” by Atari Teenage Riot was chosen to score the 2-minute video introduction, showcasing the digital comic project, and the movement that followed.
For more information on Occupy Comics, be sure to visit their Kickstarter page here.
Dangerous Minds dub the ATR current single “Black Flags” as the first Occupy Wall Street anthem. Read more…
The latest single from album ‘Is This Hyperreal?’, explodes as a political anthem declaring Atari Teenage Riots’ support for Anonymous’ human rights campaign. The viral videos for “Black Flags” exhibit several ardent visuals, such as monolithic black flags, anonymity and “corpsing”.
Fans are still submitting their videos for the Atari Teenage Riot viral video of the new single “Black Flags.” We now have the second version which includes cameo appearances by Steve Aoki and Boots Riley, along with more clips from Occupy Wallstreet, 99%, and a new exclusive message at the end from Anonymous.
Lets keep this movement going! Watch and forward to your colleagues and clients.
Message from Atari Teenage Riot:
“Atari Teenage Riot wants YOU to be in their viral video for “Black Flags.”
If you want to be in the video and show that you support the ideals mentioned above, please send us the following footage:
· Take your mobile phone, webcam or any other camera and film yourself lip-synching the song http://soundcloud.com/alec_empire/atari-teenage-riot-black-flags
· Have a black flag in the background, or hold it while you’re lip-syncing. (The black flag motif will link all images together. If you don’t have one to hand, use a black T-shirt, pull it inside out, stick the arms into it…there you go.)
· You can choose any location for it. If you want to do it at home, great. If you know a crazy location, do it there. (In front of your school or university? At a shopping mall? With your friends at a party?)
· We will use fragments of all videos, which are sent in and ultimately add all of you to the official video.
· If you want to support the idea but want to do so anonymously, you can cover your face. No problem.
for more information please go to: http://www.atari-teenage-riot.com