AOL’s music site, Spinner is featuring Proxy’s ‘Cooper’ as their free download of the day. This track is an exclusive download that will help hold you over until the release of Proxy’s, ‘Music From The Eastblock Jungles Pt. 2′ due out next week. You can preview and download the mp3 on Spinner now as well as check out Proxy’s latest release, Junk (Remixes).
To follow along with the theme of #FreeFriday we wanted share with you Proxy’s latest guest mix for Sinden Radio Show. The 18 minute mix features 10 tracks, including three off his upcoming release, Music from the Eastblock Jungles, Pt. 2 You can download the guest mix on Proxy’s Soundcloud now.
01. Proxy – 9000
02. Alvin Risk feat. Sirah – Survival
03. Diplo feat. Elephant Man & GTA – Move Around
04. Crookers feat. Style Of Eye & Carli – That Laughing Track
05. Clouds – Krafterah
06. MPIA3 – Acid Badger
07. Bok Bok – Silo Pass (Sir Spyro Remix)
08. Proxy – Classic
09. Proxy – Who Are You? (Trumpdisco Remix)
10. The Japanese Popstars – Matter of Time
Proxy has announced official tour dates for the Music From The Eastblock Jungles Tour 2013. The tour includes 16 dates through out Europe including London, Berlin, Melbourne, and other large cities. This tour follows the 2012 release of “Music From The Eastblock Jungles,” which is now available for purchase on iTunes & Beatport now. For ticket information on each date check out Proxy’s Official Facebook page.
South Central has released behind the scene footage from their December show in the U.K supporting The Prodigy at Brixton Academy. The video features the duo performing their remix of Proxy’s “Raw,” which is featured on the Raw (Remixes) EP released late last year. If you were hibernating this past November and missed the release of South Central’s EP, Hollywood you can preview and purchase here.
To celebrate 50,000 likes & 8000 followers, Sound Of Stereo is offering a a 2-parter gifting package as a way of saying ‘thanks!’
Gift 1. Proxy – Shut Up (Sound of Stereo Remix) – CLICK HERE TO DOWNLOAD
Check back for tomorrow’s next release…
To help kick off Proxy’s Music From The Eastblock Jungle Tour we’re giving away a pair of tickets to six stops including Australia, Portugal, United Kingdom, Denmark, and Austria. For your chance to win a pair of tickets on us, simply fill out the form with the location you’d like to see Proxy, and you’ll automatically be entered in our giveaway. Good luck!
Dim Mak Records wrap up the year by delivering the most prominent tracks of it’s 2012 catalog, ‘Dim Mak Greatest Hits of 2012: Volume 1′. The first collection features 15 tracks from a mix of vanguard artists including Azari & III, Autoerotique, Dirtyphonics, Proxy, Wax Motif & Neoteric, Tiesto, Steve Aoki, Felix Cartal, Alvin Risk, Infected Mushroom and more. The vast, colorful collection will span over 3 volumes of Dim Mak music embedded in several genres and international appeal.
“Volume 1 of 3 compilations, features the best songs from the Dim Mak 2012 catalog that have been played by DJs from all around the world and those who have been a major influence from the Dim Mak roster. If you want a full taste of our greatest hits, get to licking!” – STEVE AOKI
Phat Brahms was the result of a collaboration between Steve Aoki, Angger Dimas, Dimitri Vegas & Like Mike. The track made its debut at Tomorrowland, one of the largest music festivals in the world and was later featured in the official video. Killbot‘s album Sound Surgery took over the second spot on the iTunes dance chart after the release along with a feature as a New & Noteworthy album alongside Dirty from Dirtyphonics. This past year we also welcomed a number of artists to the Dim Mak roster including Azari & III, who made their U.S. debut with their self titled album and the dance music pioneer, DJ Pierre.
Volume 1 befits the beginning year of 2013, and rallies fans to get excited for Dim Mak’s new sounds set for release. Steve Aoki recaps on each of the 15 tracks below:
1. Proxy “Raven” – Out of all of Proxy’s hits, “Raven” was the definitive sound in electro, when it came out in 2009. Taken from his latest album ‘Music from the Eastblock Jungles’ ,which chronicles all of his hits
2. Azari & III “Reckless (With Your Love)” – Massive hit from their self-titled album, and is f****ing great single that has impressed DJs since 2009
3. Dirtyphonics “DIRTY” – Dirty is the first single off their upcoming album on Dim Mak Records; be sure to look out for it!
4. Killbot “Sound Surgery” – Sound Surgery is the introduction to Jonathan Davis’s brand new project, fusing dubstep and heavy metal
5. Wax Motif & Neoteric “Go Deep (Torro Torro Remix)” – Its one of the most played records, from Avicii to Skrillex. Literally everyone is playing that record all over the world…
6. Steve Aoki & Angger Dimas vs. Dimitri Vegas & Like Mike “Phat Brahms” – Huge single; check out the remix package and music video coming soon…
7. DJ Pierre “Strobe Lights, Laser, Disco” – Excited to release this track from the “founder of acid house”.
8. Tiesto & Steve Aoki “Tornado feat. Polina (Kill The Noise Remix)” – Kill The Noise crushed it on this Tornado remix
9. Booka Shade “Tomorrow Belongs To Us” – Booka Shade’s best song since “Mandarin Girl” and “Body Language”
10. Felix Cartal “Tonight (feat. Maja Ivarsson from The Sounds)” – Biggest track off of Cartal’s Different Faces album
11. Autoerotique “Roll The Drums (Clockwork Remix)” – You will hear about Clockwork again in a later compilation as well. Roll The Drums Biggest vocal record from Autoerotique
12. South Central “BEAThoven” – Knife Party was rinsing this records in their sets constantly, so we had to put this out! its so massive and classical.
13. Albin Myers “Hells Bells” – Straight from Sweden, this massive record has been played from the likes of David Guetta to Tiesto
14. Alvin Risk “Psychotic” – One of my favorite records from 2012! Alvin Risk is incredible dj, amazing performer and producer
15. Infected Mushroom “Never Mind” – I feel Army of Mushrooms is the best album to date of their music. This is the first track from their album on Dim Mak, and was executive produced by me. I have a close connection with this album.
Russian prodigy Proxy releases his single package “Raw” today. Taken from “MUSIC FROM THE EASTBLOCK JUNGLES, Pt. 1″, “Raw” (Orginal Mix) is an imperial air raid banger and salutes Proxy’s trademark of sonic brutallity. Remixers include Etnik, Haezer, St. Mandrew & JFK…
Dim Mak is filled up on the Holiday spirit and what better way to share it than a daily giveaway leading up to Christmas day, “12 Days of Dim Mak Christmas Giveaway”. We will deliver various Dim Mak tracks from some of your favorite artists including Proxy, Angger Dimas…I wish I could say more but in the spirit of gift giving, its best to keep it a surprise. I hope your stocking is ready to be stuffed with a dozen of Dim Mak tracks!
Day 1, Dec. 10th: Chewy Chocolate Cookies “DIE”
Day 2, Dec. 11th: Datsik “Light The Fuse”
Day 3, Dec. 12th: Revolvr & Lea Luna “By Your Side”
Day 4, Dec. 13th: Dimitri Vegas & Like Mike feat. Lil Jon and Coone “Madness (Corporate Slackrs Remix)”
Day 5, Dec. 14th: Dzeko & Torres – Buppy (#FreeFriday Edition)
Day 6, Dec. 15th: Botnek – Think I Feel It (Savage Skulls Remix)
Day 7, Dec. 16th: Sound Of Stereo – Anybody There
Day 8, Dec. 17th: Yung Skeeter – Stand Again (Wax Motif Remix)
Day 9, Dec. 18th: Proxy – Raw (roeVy Remix)
Day 10, Dec. 19th: Nickel – Voltager
Day 11, Dec. 20th: Angger Dimas – Booster
Day 12, Dec. 21st: Scanners – State of Wonder
The new single from Proxy’s debut LP, MUSIC FROM THE EASTBLOCK JUNGLES PT. 1, “Junk” is a maelstrom of old-skool breaks and wailing synth-sirens, featuring a brilliant cut-up vocal sample commanding your synapses to give up and break down. This is the kind of atom-smashing cortex-ruiner that only Proxy can deliver, offering a taste of the years-in-the-making arms buildup contained on his album.
[tabs titles=”Listen on Spotify, Listen on YouTube”]
MTV IGGY got a chance to interview Proxy and ask some of the questions many have always wanted to ask. Proxy didn’t hold anything back and made a majority of the MTV IGGY staff do a double take with his answers. Read the full interview over at MTV IGGY.
You can download Music From The Eastblock Jungles at [lightbox url=”https://itunes.apple.com/us/album/music-from-eastblock-jungles/id570897427″ width=”100%” height=”100%” iframe=”true”]iTunes[/lightbox] or [lightbox url=”http://www.beatport.com/release/music-from-the-eastblock-jungles-pt-1/987032″ width=”100%” height=”100%” iframe=”true”]Beatport[/lightbox] now.
[tabs titles=”Listen on Spotify, Listen on YouTube”]