Tag: Steve Aoki
Oliver Queen is set to open his Starling City night club and he’s getting one of the best house musicians in the world for opening night.
Grammy nominee Steve Aoki is set to guest star on Arrow, playing himself.
In the hour — titled “The Huntress Returns” (yay), Oliver (series star Stephen Amell) has a new romance brewing, is launching his nightclub and is more content than he’s ever been since coming back from the island. But when his ex, The Huntress (Jessica De Gouw) returns to town, she “threatens to destroy everything and everyone Ollie cares about.”
During the episode the Wonderland artist and DJ will make his scripted series debut performing at the grand opening of Ollie’s club (an evening that we suspect won’t go off without a hitch).
‘Phat Brahms’ has traveled a long way since its initial creation in 2012. The dynamic track created by Steve Aoki, Angger Dimas vs. Dimitiri Vegas & Like Mike was produced during a late night on the 2012 Deadmeat Tour and later debut at, Tomorrowland during a four way set amid Steve Aoki’s closing performance. Since the October release Phat Brahms has become a popular track among the EDM genre as a high-energy, big-room, dance floor piece. Now four months after the official release we have a huge follow up with our remix package featuring nine renditions of the track from Coone, Botnek, WolfPack, 3BalMTY, and more.
[tabs titles="Listen on YouTube, Listen on Spotify"]
So we all know that Football is probably the best thing around right now and probably won’t be over anytime soon… But before everyone was sitting in the dark, we were in beautiful Hawaii for the NFL Pro Bowl. Steve took over the streets in Waikiki the night before with a street filled performance for the NFL block party. Kids filled the streets… traffic light climbers and all. Oh yeah… remember your first friend from Myspace? He was there too. But now that JT has a hold of it, Tom spends his time traveling the world and photographing some pretty epic shit. lol about his Instagram handle: “MYSPACETOM” but hey…If it weren’t for you Tom, we’d never get the opportunity to learn HTML, Thanks. Anyways, We were invited to the Pro Bowl Game at Aloha Stadium where Steve gave Football and the Stadium a little taste of icing (since we were told to withhold from throwing any cakes) which turned out to be a…hole in one.
Preview & Pre-Order: Steve Aoki & Angger Dimas vs. Dimitri Vegas & Like Mike – Phat Brahms (Remixes)
On February 5th the long-awaited Remixes EP of Steve Aoki & Angger Dimas vs. Dimitri Vegas & Like Mike “Phat Brahms” will be out on Dim Mak Records for you to have! You can hear various remixes by no other than Coone, Botnek, Bro Safari & UFO!, Clinton VanSciver, Cold Blank, Wolfpack, Tom Swoon and 3BallMTY. If that doesn’t float your boat then we don’t know what will! You can pre-order the EP on iTunes here. Check out the preview below:
“Hey EP” – Toronto based duo Dzeko & Torres make their Dim Mak debut with “Hey” EP. The single “Hey” snatched listeners and steam after premiering on Steve’s Essential Mix BBC Radio 1. The trio tracks on “Hey” blend melodic synths, high energy builds and progressive sounds that…
Yo Aokify users! We’ve now hit 100k downloads and 15k #hashtags and counting! Thank you for the continued support!
Brand new spankin’ sticker packs are now available! Punch + kick combos, bazookas, snakes, explosions, and a ton more…all the stickers you’ll need for a video game apocalypse!
– New 8-Bit Aoki Sticker Pack
– New End Of The World Sticker Pack
– Clear All, SMS Integration
Coming soon to an Android near you!
Dim Mak Records wrap up the year by delivering the most prominent tracks of it’s 2012 catalog, ‘Dim Mak Greatest Hits of 2012: Volume 1′. The first collection features 15 tracks from a mix of vanguard artists including Azari & III, Autoerotique, Dirtyphonics, Proxy, Wax Motif & Neoteric, Tiesto, Steve Aoki, Felix Cartal, Alvin Risk, Infected Mushroom and more. The vast, colorful collection will span over 3 volumes of Dim Mak music embedded in several genres and international appeal.
“Volume 1 of 3 compilations, features the best songs from the Dim Mak 2012 catalog that have been played by DJs from all around the world and those who have been a major influence from the Dim Mak roster. If you want a full taste of our greatest hits, get to licking!” – STEVE AOKI
Phat Brahms was the result of a collaboration between Steve Aoki, Angger Dimas, Dimitri Vegas & Like Mike. The track made its debut at Tomorrowland, one of the largest music festivals in the world and was later featured in the official video. Killbot‘s album Sound Surgery took over the second spot on the iTunes dance chart after the release along with a feature as a New & Noteworthy album alongside Dirty from Dirtyphonics. This past year we also welcomed a number of artists to the Dim Mak roster including Azari & III, who made their U.S. debut with their self titled album and the dance music pioneer, DJ Pierre.
Volume 1 befits the beginning year of 2013, and rallies fans to get excited for Dim Mak’s new sounds set for release. Steve Aoki recaps on each of the 15 tracks below:
1. Proxy “Raven” – Out of all of Proxy’s hits, “Raven” was the definitive sound in electro, when it came out in 2009. Taken from his latest album ‘Music from the Eastblock Jungles’ ,which chronicles all of his hits
2. Azari & III “Reckless (With Your Love)” – Massive hit from their self-titled album, and is f****ing great single that has impressed DJs since 2009
3. Dirtyphonics “DIRTY” – Dirty is the first single off their upcoming album on Dim Mak Records; be sure to look out for it!
4. Killbot “Sound Surgery” – Sound Surgery is the introduction to Jonathan Davis’s brand new project, fusing dubstep and heavy metal
5. Wax Motif & Neoteric “Go Deep (Torro Torro Remix)” – Its one of the most played records, from Avicii to Skrillex. Literally everyone is playing that record all over the world…
6. Steve Aoki & Angger Dimas vs. Dimitri Vegas & Like Mike “Phat Brahms” – Huge single; check out the remix package and music video coming soon…
7. DJ Pierre “Strobe Lights, Laser, Disco” – Excited to release this track from the “founder of acid house”.
8. Tiesto & Steve Aoki “Tornado feat. Polina (Kill The Noise Remix)” – Kill The Noise crushed it on this Tornado remix
9. Booka Shade “Tomorrow Belongs To Us” – Booka Shade’s best song since “Mandarin Girl” and “Body Language”
10. Felix Cartal “Tonight (feat. Maja Ivarsson from The Sounds)” – Biggest track off of Cartal’s Different Faces album
11. Autoerotique “Roll The Drums (Clockwork Remix)” – You will hear about Clockwork again in a later compilation as well. Roll The Drums Biggest vocal record from Autoerotique
12. South Central “BEAThoven” – Knife Party was rinsing this records in their sets constantly, so we had to put this out! its so massive and classical.
13. Albin Myers “Hells Bells” – Straight from Sweden, this massive record has been played from the likes of David Guetta to Tiesto
14. Alvin Risk “Psychotic” – One of my favorite records from 2012! Alvin Risk is incredible dj, amazing performer and producer
15. Infected Mushroom “Never Mind” – I feel Army of Mushrooms is the best album to date of their music. This is the first track from their album on Dim Mak, and was executive produced by me. I have a close connection with this album.
Watch our latest video as Dim Mak ventures to Belgium for Tommorrowland, one of the largest EDM festivals in the world. Our stage at the festival included a mind-blowing line with performances by Steve Aoki, Joachim Garraud, Zeds Dead, Zedd, Angger Dimas, Sound of…
[button text="↓↓↓ FREE DOWNLOAD ↓↓↓" url="https://www.yousendit.com/download/WUJiUWVvYXk3N0M5TE1UQw" txtColor="#000" bgColor="#00ff00" txtColorHover="#fff" bgColorHover="#000" /]
[button text="↑↑↑ FREE DOWNLOAD ↑↑↑" url="https://www.yousendit.com/download/WUJiUWVvYXk3N0M5TE1UQw" txtColor="#000" bgColor="#00ff00" txtColorHover="#fff" bgColorHover="#000" /]
This Winter, DIM MAK RECORDS is proud to announce the signing of upstart West Palm Beach rapper, WILL BRENNAN. In celebration of the signing, VIBE will feature the world premiere for Will Brennan’s Dim Mak debut mixtape “MORE PERFECT UNION”. The mixtape features a variety of production notables from Pretty Lights, Zeds dead, Kaskade, Deadmau5, Xaphoon Jones, Julian Cruz, Araabmuzik and Heroes x Villains.
The first from the mixtape, “All Of The Pretty Lights” breezes in with Rihanna’s hook and Pretty Lights’ beat butchering, and then, Brennan comes in punching with his natural knack for rhymes. “Going Through Under The Sheets” samples Wales singer Ellie Goulding’s electropop single, while Brennan flutters in with a deftly timed flow. Brennan delivers a short narrative on top of a genre-bending take of Warwicks “I Say A Little Prayer For You”, chopped by Zeds Dead. Bravados are not missing from the mixtape, “Remember To Fall In Love” and “Get By With The Golden Touch”, pull in Brennan’s strong suit for fearless flows.
Will Brennan embodies the charisma, versatility and flow-skill to bring a new kind of personality to the rap game. Brennan has supported rap titans like Kendrick Lamar, J. Cole, B.O.B., Yela- Wolf, Big Sean, Wiz Khalifa, Dom Kennedy and Wale. Dim Mak will be releasing Brennan’s “PRODIGAL SON” with additional remixes early 2013.
There has been a new breed of party at Dim Mak Sundays at Drai’s and if you havent been a witness, lucky for you we captured the shameless scenes featuring Riff Raff, Klever, Steve Aoki and Afrojack, collectively Afroki. Watch as the party sets Hollywood ablaze from the top down.