We had the chance to catch up Danny Avila and chat about his laundry list of accolades, hanging with Tiesto and hitting it big before he can hit the bars.
Dim Mak Records wrap up the year by delivering the most prominent tracks of it’s 2012 catalog, ‘Dim Mak Greatest Hits of 2012: Volume 1’. The first collection features 15 tracks from a mix of vanguard artists including Azari & III, Autoerotique, Dirtyphonics, Proxy, Wax Motif & Neoteric, Tiesto, Steve Aoki, Felix Cartal, Alvin Risk, Infected Mushroom and more. The vast, colorful collection will span over 3 volumes of Dim Mak music embedded in several genres and international appeal.
“Volume 1 of 3 compilations, features the best songs from the Dim Mak 2012 catalog that have been played by DJs from all around the world and those who have been a major influence from the Dim Mak roster. If you want a full taste of our greatest hits, get to licking!” – STEVE AOKI
Phat Brahms was the result of a collaboration between Steve Aoki, Angger Dimas, Dimitri Vegas & Like Mike. The track made its debut at Tomorrowland, one of the largest music festivals in the world and was later featured in the official video. Killbot‘s album Sound Surgery took over the second spot on the iTunes dance chart after the release along with a feature as a New & Noteworthy album alongside Dirty from Dirtyphonics. This past year we also welcomed a number of artists to the Dim Mak roster including Azari & III, who made their U.S. debut with their self titled album and the dance music pioneer, DJ Pierre.
Volume 1 befits the beginning year of 2013, and rallies fans to get excited for Dim Mak’s new sounds set for release. Steve Aoki recaps on each of the 15 tracks below:
1. Proxy “Raven” – Out of all of Proxy’s hits, “Raven” was the definitive sound in electro, when it came out in 2009. Taken from his latest album ‘Music from the Eastblock Jungles’ ,which chronicles all of his hits
2. Azari & III “Reckless (With Your Love)” – Massive hit from their self-titled album, and is f****ing great single that has impressed DJs since 2009
3. Dirtyphonics “DIRTY” – Dirty is the first single off their upcoming album on Dim Mak Records; be sure to look out for it!
4. Killbot “Sound Surgery” – Sound Surgery is the introduction to Jonathan Davis’s brand new project, fusing dubstep and heavy metal
5. Wax Motif & Neoteric “Go Deep (Torro Torro Remix)” – Its one of the most played records, from Avicii to Skrillex. Literally everyone is playing that record all over the world…
6. Steve Aoki & Angger Dimas vs. Dimitri Vegas & Like Mike “Phat Brahms” – Huge single; check out the remix package and music video coming soon…
7. DJ Pierre “Strobe Lights, Laser, Disco” – Excited to release this track from the “founder of acid house”.
8. Tiesto & Steve Aoki “Tornado feat. Polina (Kill The Noise Remix)” – Kill The Noise crushed it on this Tornado remix
9. Booka Shade “Tomorrow Belongs To Us” – Booka Shade’s best song since “Mandarin Girl” and “Body Language”
10. Felix Cartal “Tonight (feat. Maja Ivarsson from The Sounds)” – Biggest track off of Cartal’s Different Faces album
11. Autoerotique “Roll The Drums (Clockwork Remix)” – You will hear about Clockwork again in a later compilation as well. Roll The Drums Biggest vocal record from Autoerotique
12. South Central “BEAThoven” – Knife Party was rinsing this records in their sets constantly, so we had to put this out! its so massive and classical.
13. Albin Myers “Hells Bells” – Straight from Sweden, this massive record has been played from the likes of David Guetta to Tiesto
14. Alvin Risk “Psychotic” – One of my favorite records from 2012! Alvin Risk is incredible dj, amazing performer and producer
15. Infected Mushroom “Never Mind” – I feel Army of Mushrooms is the best album to date of their music. This is the first track from their album on Dim Mak, and was executive produced by me. I have a close connection with this album.
Entertainment Tonight Online feautured Steve Aoki AND Tiesto’s, Tornado remix EP this past Tuesday for their “New Music Tuesday” blog post. The feature describes the new release as raw and “will have party people everywhere dancing.” The EP released this week features…
The long awaited remix package of Steve Aoki and Tiesto’s track, Tornado, is now available for grabs. The package offers a diverse group of remixes from Kill the Noise, Felix Cartal, and Angger Dimas.
Aoki describes each remix to a T with his thoughts on each track, “Angger Dimas puts his signature sound on this remix making it a punchy electro house banger, Felix Cartal makes the loudest and biggest record of all his productions with this remix, and Kill the Noise featuring Polina makes the most beautiful dub step remix I’ve ever heard.”
The remix package offers a well-rounded twist on the original Tornado track, so don’t miss out on this EP.
|Download: Tiësto & Steve Aoki – Tornado (Remixes)||[lightbox url=”http://bit.ly/PreTornadoEP” width=”100%” height=”100%” iframe=”true”][/lightbox] [lightbox url=”http://www.beatport.com/release/tornado-remixes/960862″ width=”100%” height=”100%” iframe=”true”][/lightbox]|
Check out Steve Aoki’s Artist Page for more info, releases and tour dates.
We’re now live with the 13th Episiode of Felix Cartal’s “Weekend Workout” series. Starting today the Weekend Workout podcast will be the latest addition to Tiesto’s Club Life on SiriusXM, with brand new additions aired at the end of EACH WEEK.
Check out this Clinton Sparks video for Awesome Party feat. Joachim Garraud & Alesia new hit single “Hook”!
Dim Mak Live presents the Official WMC Promotional Mix, available for a Free Download on Soundcloud today! This 45-minute mix-series features new and unreleased tracks by Alvin Risk, Clockwork, Atari Teenage Riot, TAI, Zedd, Steve Aoki, and more!
Following their huge remix of Tiësto’s “Work Hard, Play Hard” in 2011, Autoerotique is at it again, this time with an original, “Bring That Beat Back”.
Live from Stockholm, Tiesto featured the latest track by Albin Myers, ‘Hells Bells’ to the sold out crowd at Globen Arena. Albin Myers and Dim Mak Records will be debuting this new single in early 2012.
Tiësto & Steve Aoki’s Tornado has topped the Beatport Electro House chart at #1 and is still climbing the Top 10 chart, currently at #4.