“Allow us to introduce you to one of electronic music’s most promising new acts, Zeds Dead. The truth is, however, Toronto-based Zeds Dead (AKA DC and Hooks) needs no introduction to the legions of fans that have been on to the electronic/dubstep/progressive duo for the better part of two years. Through positive world of mouth, massive YouTube hits, support from top jocks and a never ending string of tour dates – to cities big and small – Zeds Dead has become one of the most exciting acts of 2011 and a true phenomenon.” INTO THE AM caught up with the guys and asked some pretty juicy questions. Take a look!
Buy Now: Zeds Dead – “Ruckus The Jam”
For more info on Zeds Dead visit their artist page here.
Buy Now: Mustard Pimp – City Kids ft. Dirtyphonics
For more info on Mustard Pimp visit their page here.
To support his debut studio album WONDERLAND, due out January 10, 2012, STEVE AOKI will launch his biggest tour ever: DEADMEAT, presented by Dim Mak.
For the DEADMEAT Tour, AOKI will partner with dubstep’s hottest new producer and Dim Mak label mate Datsik. The pair will travel across North America throughout winter 2012 and perform at some of the most renowned theaters and concert arenas, including the Bill Graham Civic Auditorium in San Francisco, the Fillmore in Denver, Boston’s House of Blues, Montreal’s Metropolis and New York City’s legendary Roseland Ballroom (Los Angeles details are forthcoming).
The DEADMEAT Tour will showcase the debut of new live visual productions from both AOKI and Datsik alongside an all-star supporting lineup of some of the most sought-after, up-and-coming producers in electronic music today, including Alvin Risk, Mustard Pimp, Autoerotique, Dimitri Vegas & Like Mike and Terravita, who will perform throughout the trek on alternating dates. More supporting acts and dates will be announced soon. Tickets for the DEADMEAT Tour will go on sale starting Saturday, December 3 at 10 a.m. at www.deadmeattour.com.
For those who missed the madness, or want to relive the experience, check out some of The Cobrasnake’s photos from Steve Aoki’s show at the Grove of Anaheim, featuring 12th Planet and Autoerotique.
For the full spread, visit The Cobrasnake’s official site.
Presented by Digi10ve, this is THE FIRST formal video introducing the history of Dim Mak Records and Steve Aoki’s triumph throughout the past 15 years:
The man who’s behind DIM MAK RECORDS has been credited with launching the careers of some of the most influential acts of the last decade including Bloc Party, The Kills, Klaxons, MSTRKRFT, The Bloody Beetroots, Mystery Jets, The Rakes, The Gossip and more. Since founding the label, he’s stepped into the limelight himself as a DJ, artist and producer with a string of hit singles and remixes for the likes of Michael Jackson, The Killers, Robin Thicke, Lenny Kravitz, Weezer, Chester French, Tiga, All American Rejects, Drake, Chris Cornell & more.
As of late, he’s been seen collaborating with like minded producers ranging from Armand Van Helden to Laidback Luke, Afrojack, The Bloody Beetroots, & Junkie XL and can now be found readying his debut artist album which includes collaborations from the likes of Will.I.Am, Lil Jon, Chiddy Bang, Travis Barker, CSS, Kid Cudi, Blaqstarr and Weezer’s frontman Rivers Cuomo who can be found on the lead single “EARTHQUAKEY PEOPLE”.
Also involved in fashion, Aoki has developed lines for KR3W Apparel, Supra Footwear, headphones for Sol Republic, and his own streetwear line: Dim Mak Collection.
Keep up to date with the latest Dim Mak videos, interviews, and releases by subscribing to our official YouTube page here.
Cool Cuts Chart (November 24th 2011)
01. TORNADO | STEVE AOKI & TIESTO | DIM MAK
02. WE’RE ALL NO ONE | NERVO ft. STEVE AOKI & AFROJACK | POSITIVA
03. TWISTA | REDROCHE | EYEZCREAM
04. NO LIGHT, NO LIGHT | FLORENCE + THE MACHINE | ISLAND (w/ Breakage, Dave Sitek remixes)
05. SPRUNG E.P. | DJ ZINC | RINSE
06. MOTHER PROTECT | NIKKI & THE DOVE | MERCURY (w/ Goldroom, Glyph, Phaeleh remixes)
07. NUGGETZ | HOUSE REPUBLIC | EGO
08. B-ROADS | THE MILK | SONY (w/ 6th Borough Project remix)
09. MEMORY | STEVE SMART | 3 BEAT
10. SHELLS OF SILVER | THE JAPANESE POPSTARS | VIRGIN (w/ Superstringz remix)
11. ISLA DUB EP | MATTHIAS ZIMMERMAN | SOUND PELLEGRINO
12. FLASHING LIGHTS | CHASE & STATUS ft. SUBFOCUS | MERCURY
13. I MOTHER | THE GOLDEN FILTER | PERFECTLY ISOLATED
14. eLOVE | KRIS MENACE | COMPUPHONIC
15. FRAYED OF THE LIGHT | X-PRESS 2 & TIMO GARCIA ft AMBER JOLENE | SKINT
16. LIGHT UP (THE WORLD) | YASMIN | MINISTRY OF SOUND (w/ Freemasons, MJ Cole, Benny Page remixes)
17. IT GOES (THE WHISTLE SONG) | TIME TAKERS ft. DEV & TINCHY STRYDER | MINISTRY OF SOUND (w/ Dillion Francis, Wilkinson, Wookie remixes)
18. FORGIVENESS | WRETCH 32 | LEVELS/MINISTRY OF SOUND (w/ Manhatten Clique, S.P.Y., Todd Edwards, Hatcha & Lost, Stinkahbell, Maribou State remixes)
19. BLUE CASSETTE | FRIENDLY FIRES | XL (w/ Tiga remix)
20. MIDNIGHT RUN | EXAMPLE | MINISTRY OF SOUND (w/ Wideboys, Funkagenda, Sheldrake, Flux Pavilion, Wilkinson remixes)
On BLACK FRIDAY, November 25th, 2011, Andrew W.K. and his deep dark friend, ALEISTER X, announced the release of a special MIXTAPE, available now for FREE download (while supplies last). Click HERE to get the mixtape right now! The mixtape is called “BLACK SKULL MUSIC MIXTAPE VOL. 1”.
The new release features 29 brand new tracks of raw, underground, very particular music. Aleister and Andrew worked very hard on creating an exciting atmosphere of rap and fear. The two friends have been working on music together for the past five years, and the mixtape is leading up to even more new recordings.
The “Black Skull Music Mixtape” features many special guests, including David Tibet (of Current 93), Neil Hamburger, Robert Florence (of the BBC’s “Burnistoun” TV show), Jerry (of Bad Brilliance), plus a very special recording of Bob Dylan’s song, “Serve Somebody”, featuring Aleister and Andrew trading off on vocals. The release was executive produced by Andrew W.K.
The mixtape was released on this day, November 25th, 2011, as Aleister and Andrew begin a three show party blowout club tour across British Columbia, Canada.
Aleister X is also working with Andrew on a new remix for Steve Aoki and Dim Mak! STAY TUNED!